General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The Yearbook is in need of your help! There will be a page in the yearbook featuring student life, which will include what students did over their summer vacation. If you have any photos from your summer break please email them to email@example.com with a description of who is in the image and what is happening. We appreciate the help, the more photos the better! Photos must be appropriate and follow student conduct codes as established by the Fort Madison Board of Education and Fort Madison High School.
- What do George Washington, Billy Baldwin, Minnesota Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer, and Mr. Doherty have in common? They are all former wrestlers. If you are interested in being a part of the tradition here in Fort Madison, report to Coach Smith‘s room tomorrow right after school to sign up. Any questions, see Coach Smith or Coach Doherty.
- If you are a college-bound student and interested in attending tutoring sessions at the Elliott Test Kitchen, those sessions occur every Tuesday from 6:00-8:00 PM. You must register to take part in the sessions. Please visit their website at tkef.org if you are interested or email Mr. Troxel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iowa Central College will have a representative here during on Wednesday, November 2nd. If you would like to learn more about the Tritons please stop by their table at lunch.
- Culver Stockton will have a representative here during lunch on Monday, October 31st. If you would like to learn more about the wildcats please stop by their table at lunch.
- Upper Iowa University will have a representative here during lunch tomorrow. If you would like to learn more about the Peacocks please stop by their table at lunch.
- Indian Hills Community College will be holding a showcase of their programs and activities tomorrow at IHCC. If you are a senior and interested in attending IHCC and would like to attend their showcase you will need to fill out a Student Request for Absence and use one of your college visit days to attend. If you are interested in seeing what majors will be highlighted, please stop by the guidance office.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Old Settlers organization is looking for volunteers to help pass out drinks, hot dogs and candy on Monday, October 31st during Trick or Treating. Please come see Mrs. Harter in the guidance office if you are interested in helping with this event.
- The FMMS Carnival Committee is looking for interested individuals to help them with their carnival on Friday from 4:00 to 9:00 pm at FMMS. If interested, please contact Carol Ross at email@example.com
Activities @FMHS Activities:
- Athletic enhancement resumes today.
- Go Cubs, Go!!
- Happy birthday to Kinnedy Niggemeyer.
- Chicken fajitas or peanut butter and jelly (uncrustable);
- Seasoned rice and/or mixed veggies;
- Mixed fruit and/or Mandarin oranges.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1881 – the shootout at the OK Corral occurs as the Earp brothers face off against the Clanton-McLaury gang in a legendary gunfight in Tombstone, Arizona.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): The shootout at the OK Corral lasted 30 seconds. Of the nine individuals involved, only two weren’t injured in the affair. Three of the five members of the Clanton-McLaury gang would die as a result of the gunfight.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Afraid of ducks?