General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The pep bus for the volleyball game in Cedar Rapids will leave from the east parking lot at 4:40 this afternoon. DO NOT be late. The bus will leave without you!
- The Yearbook is in need of your help! There will be a page in the yearbook featuring student life, which will include what students did over their summer vacation. If you have any photos from your summer break please email them to email@example.com with a description of who is in the image and what is happening. We appreciate the help, the more photos the better! Photos must be appropriate and follow student conduct codes as established by the Fort Madison Board of Education and Fort Madison High School.
- What do Theodore Roosevelt, Chris Farley, Brock Lesnar, and Mr. Doherty have in common? They are all former wrestlers. If you are interested in being a part of the tradition here in Fort Madison, report to Coach Smith’s room on Thursday right after school to sign up. Any questions, see Coach Smith or Coach Doherty.
- If you are a college-bound student and interested in attending tutoring sessions at the Elliott Test Kitchen, those sessions occur every Tuesday from 6:00-8:00 PM. You must register to take part in the sessions. Please visit their website at tkef.org if you are interested or email Mr. Troxel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Juniors – if you are interested in helping with prom you are invited to attend a planning meeting tonight at 6:00 PM in the MPR.
- Iowa Central College will have a representative here during on Wednesday, November 2nd. If you would like to learn more about the Tritons please stop by their table at lunch.
- Culver Stockton will have a representative here during lunch on Monday, October 31st. If you would like to learn more about the wildcats please stop by their table at lunch.
- Upper Iowa University will have a representative here during lunch on Thursday. If you would like to learn more about the Peacocks please stop by their table at lunch.
- The University of Northern Iowa will have a representative here during lunch today. If you would like to learn more about UNI please stop by their table at lunch.
- Indian Hills Community College will be holding a showcase of their programs and activities on Thursday at IHCC. If you are a senior and interested in attending IHCC and would like to attend their showcase you will need to fill out a Student Request for Absence and use one of your college visit days to attend. If you are interested in seeing what majors will be highlighted, please stop by the guidance office.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Old Settlers organization is looking for volunteers to help pass out drinks, hot dogs and candy on Monday, October 31st during Trick or Treating. Please come see Mrs. Harter in the guidance office if you are interested in helping with this event.
- The FMMS Carnival Committee is looking for interested individuals to help them with their carnival on Friday from 4:00 to 9:00 pm at FMMS. If interested, please contact Carol Ross at email@example.com
Activities @FMHS Activities:
- Good luck to the volleyball team as they travel to Cedar Rapids, Xavier to take on the Saint Bernards. It’ll be a dog fight!
- Go Cubs, Go!!
- Happy birthdays to Madison Gilpin and Ty LeMatty.
- Corn dog or spicy chicken;
- Baked beans and/or tater tots;
- Pears and/or applesauce.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1881 – Pablo Picasso, one of the greatest and influential artists of the 20th century, is born in Malaga, Spain.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): Pablo Picasso’s full name is Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Martyr Patricio Clito Ruíz y Picasso.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Leonardo da Vinci could write write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.