General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- FMHS will be collecting gifts for “X-Mas for Kids” through Friday for students aged 7-12. You can drop gifts off in the MPR, or at the library. There will be a movie prize basket at the end of the day on Friday.
FMHS Activities @Bloodhounds_AD:
- No FMHS activities tonight.
- The FFA will be hosting a blood drive in room 202 on Friday. Please consider donating. You can sign up during lunch hat the table set up in the MPR, or see Ms. Slee for details.
- BooksRUs and the LMC Book Club is sponsoring a “Decorate a Tree Ornament” contest. Check in at the LMC for details. Judging will happen in the LMC on Monday.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Santa Store is looking for volunteers on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The store is located at St. Paul Lutheran Church on 19th and Avenue I. Please contact Sandy Brown at (319) 470-3291 if you are interested.
- No FMHS birthdays today.
- Chicken w/a twist; broccoli; apple; milk.
Word of the Day:
- Nuisance – noun [new-sunse]
- A person, thing, or circumstance causing inconvenience or annoyance. As in: the unreasonable landlord was such a nuisance that the family decided to move.
This Day in History: 1945 – Five U.S. Navy Avenger torpedo-bombers comprising Flight 19 take off from the Ft. Lauderdale Naval Air Station in Florida on a routine three-hour training mission through the Bermuda Triangle. Flight 19 was scheduled to take them due east for 120 miles, north for 73 miles, and then back over a final 120-mile leg that would return them to the naval base. They never returned.
Fact of the Day: In the attempt to find Flight 19 in 1945, the Coast Guard launched a rescue Mariner aircraft with a 13-man crew. After initial contact with their home base, that aircraft was never heard from again, either. No sign of either crew has ever been found.
Strange, but True: As of 2018, 75 planes and hundreds of ships are known to have disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle. It’s entirely likely that there have been more disappearances, but as they are not part of any official record, it’s impossible to know for certain.
Quote of the Day: