General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- FMHS will be collecting gifts for “X-Mas for Kids” through 12/7/18 for students aged 7-12. You can drop gifts off in the MPR or at the library.
FMHS Activities @Bloodhounds_AD:
- Good luck to the wrestling team tonight against the Blue Devils in Quincy. Matches start at 6:00 PM.
- BooksRUs and the LMC Book Club is sponsoring a “Decorate a Tree Ornament” contest. Check in at the LMC for details.
- Happy birthday to Malicya Bender and Rachel Joachim.
- Hot beef sandwich; carrots; blueberries; milk.
Word of the Day:
- Jeopardize – verb [jeh-per-dies]
- To pose a threat to; present a danger to. As in: Facebook could jeopardize Google’s web search dominance by presenting its own search format.
This Day in History: 1520 – After sailing through the dangerous straits below South America that now bear his name, Portuguese navigator Ferdinand Magellan enters the Pacific Ocean with three ships, becoming the first European explorer to reach the Pacific from the Atlantic.
Fact of the Day: One of Magellan’s ships, the Victoria, eventually sailed across the Indian Ocean and arrived back at the Spanish port they departed from in 1519, becoming the first ship to circumnavigate the globe. Magellan was no longer the captain of that ship, however, as he had been killed in fighting in the Philippines several months prior.
Strange, but True: 95% of the underwater world, which makes up 71% of the Earth’s total surface, is unexplored, making the oceans of this planet the true “last frontier.”
Quote of the Day: