General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- If you require assistance with your trimester 2 schedule, please visit the guidance office ASAP.
- FMHS will be collecting gifts for “X-Mas for Kids” through 12/7/18 for students aged 7-12. You can drop gifts off in the MPR or at the library.
FMHS Activities @Bloodhounds_AD:
- Good luck to the boys basketball teams at home this evening against the Bulldogs of Ottumwa. Tip off is at 4:45 PM.
- Best of luck to the girls basketball teams this evening as they travel to Iowa City Liberty. Games start at 6:00 PM.
- BooksRUs and the LMC Book Club is sponsoring a “Decorate a Tree Ornament” contest. Check in at the LMC for details.
- No FMHS birthdays today.
- Tuna and noodles; peas; strawberries; milk.
Word of the Day:
- Impending – verb [ihm-pen-deen]
- Close in time; about to occur. As in: the family said their goodbyes for the impending departure of their daughter to basic training.
This Day in History: 1924 – Macy’s holds the first Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City.
Fact of the Day: The first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1924 was a staggering 6.5 miles long. While the route is only 2.5 miles long today, it has blossomed in size with dozens of balloons, marching bands, celebrities, and cheerleaders.
Strange, but True: Research from the Institute of General Linguistics has found that up to 40% of twins develop their own private language that only they can understand.
Quote of the Day: