General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- There will be NO SCHOOL on Thursday or Friday.
- Attention seniors: College is fast approaching. Are you ready? SCC will be offering a sneak peek on Wednesday, 11/14/18 on what it’s like to be a Blackhawk. This will include connecting with instructors and students, sitting in on a class, and the possibility to win a $500 scholarship! Register to attend online at www.scciowa.edu.
- The Iowa Youth Straw Poll will take place right before the midterm elections next week. We have been asked by the Iowa Secretary of State to once again participate. You will have until Monday to vote. Your official Iowa Youth Straw Poll ballot can be found here , or by checking your email for a message from Ms. Harter.
FMHS Activities @Bloodhounds_AD:
- Girls basketball fan gear is now available here. Orders are due by Thursday, 11/8/18 at 11:59 PM.
- There will be a meeting today for anyone interested in playing boys basketball, or being a student manager. The meeting will be at 3:30 PM in the varsity locker room.
- There will be a meeting today for anyone interested in wrestling, or being a student manager. The meeting will be immediately after school in Coach Smith’s room (406).
- FFA gear is now available here. Orders are due by Sunday, 10/28/18 at 11:59 PM.
- Robotics will be sponsoring a Halloween dance tomorrow from 8:00 to 10:00 PM. Admission is $5.00. Costumes are welcome. No masks, please.
- Key Club is sponsoring their 5th annual Halloween Carnival on Saturday from noon until 2 PM. There will be games, prizes, and a costume contest for kids. If your team or club is interested in sponsoring a game booth for this fun and FREE community event, contact either Ms. Kohl or Nathaniel Harter.
- A representative from Hannibal LaGrange University will be here on Monday during lunch. If you would like to learn more about the Trojans, please stop by their table during your lunch time.
- Happy birthday to Sarah Macomber and Aidan Wendorf.
- Happy birthday on Friday to Kinnedy Niggemeyer.
- Happy birthday on Saturday to Aja Minner and Kaitlyn Watts.
- Happy birthday on Sunday to Mr. Mark Miller.
- Chicken w/ a twist; broccoli; apple; milk.
Word of the Day:
- Precarious – adjective [prih-care-ee-us]
- Fraught with danger; dependent on change; uncertain. As in: the old ladder had placed him in a precarious position while trimming the tree.
This Day in History: 1929 – The first transcontinental air service begins from New York to Los Angeles.
Fact of the Day: The first commercial plane crash also occured in 1929. A plane bound from California from New Mexico crashed into a mountainside, killing all aboard. There would be three additional serious crashes in the last three months of 1929.
Strange, but True: In 1987, a man bought a lifetime unlimited first class American Airlines ticket for $250,000. He flew over 10,000 flights costing the company $21 million. American Airlines terminated his ticket in 2008.
Quote of the Day: