General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Congratulations to Braxtyn McGhghy and Sheymouhr Redd-Donald on being named homecoming royalty for 2018.
- Homecoming tickets are on sale from 7:30 to 8:00 AM, and during lunch. The cost per ticket is $10.00.
- Pack in Pink (FMHS support for the fight against breast cancer) is coming on Friday, 10/12/18. Shirt order forms have been distributed to all period 2 classrooms, but if you still need a form, please stop in the band room or print a form from this link. Shirts are $10.00 with all profits being donated for research. T-shirt order forms will be due on Monday, 10/1/18. Please turn them into Mr. Madsen or an NHS member.
FMHS Activities @Bloodhounds_AD:
- Good luck to the football team against Fairfield tonight. Kick off is 7:00 PM.
- Best of luck to the JV volleyball team at the Burlington Invitational tomorrow. Matches start at 9:00 AM.
- Have fun at the homecoming dance tomorrow night at FMHS from 8:00 to 11:00 PM. Be safe!
- Robotics will be selling Homecoming Howlers at lunch today. Send a fun joke to a friend for just $0.50 .
- Key Club will be painting faces for Spirit Day during lunch in the MPR. For just $1.00 you can get a Bloodhound makeover just in time for the festivities.
- There will be a DECA meeting on Tuesday during TST B (12:15 PM) in room 402. Members will receive prep materials for districts. Please contact Ms. Weisinger at email@example.com with any questions.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The FMMS PTO is looking for 15-20 student volunteers for their Fall Fest. The date will be Friday, 11/2/18. Time will be from 3:30 to 8:30 PM. The location will be FMMS. The type of work will be working games, monitoring inflatable jump houses, and assisting in setup and take-down. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fort Madison Middle School is in need of individuals who would be willing to assist younger students in their academic needs. You can receive service hours, or credits if the assistance fits into your schedule without affecting your graduation requirements. Please contact Mr. Dirth at email@example.com with any questions.
- Happy birthday to Lauren King and Jennifer Riggs.
- Happy birthday tomorrow to Connor Brinck and Jenica Smutney.
- Happy birthday on Sunday to Zachary Murphy, Andrew Schaefer, and Ms. Debbie Wiseman.
- Macaroni & cheese w/ ham; salad; nectarine; milk.
Word of the Day:
- Zany – adjective [zay-nee]
- Amusingly unconventional As in: He had a zany sense of humor.
This Day in History: 1941 – Ted Williams of the Boston Red Sox plays a double-header against the Philadelphia Athletics on the last day of the regular season and gets six hits in eight trips to the plate to boost his batting average to .406. No player since has achieved the feat of hitting .400 or better.
Fact of the Day: Ted Williams played 21 seasons as a major league baseball player. Impressively, Williams missed three seasons during the prime of his career, serving as a fighter pilot for two years in World War II, and for one year in the Korean War.
Strange, but True: Ted Williams had a flare for the dramatic. In his last at-bat as a major leaguer in 1960, Williams homered for the 521st time in his illustrious career. Many baseball enthusiasts believe Ted Williams to be the greatest hitter of all time.
Quote of the Day: