General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Homecoming tickets are on sale from 7:30 to 8:00 AM, and during lunch. The cost per ticket is $10.00.
- Pack in Pink (FMHS support for the fight against breast cancer) is coming on Friday, 10/12/18. Shirt order forms have been distributed to all period 2 classrooms, but if you still need a form, please stop in the band room or print a form from this link. Shirts are $10.00 with all profits being donated for research. T-shirt order forms will be due on Monday, 10/1/18. Please turn them into Mr. Madsen or an NHS member.
FMHS Activities @Bloodhounds_AD:
- The homecoming parade will begin at 5:30 PM at 4th and Avenue G this evening. If you are part of the parade, please be at the location by 5:00 PM.
- Coronation will be at 6:00 PM this evening at Central Park.
- Homecoming activities will take place tonight from 6:30 to 8:30 PM at FMHS.
- Robotics will be selling Homecoming Howlers at lunch this week. Send a fun joke to a friend for just $0.50 .
- Key Club will be painting faces for Spirit Day tomorrow before school and during lunch in the MPR. For just $1.00 you can get a Bloodhound makeover just in time for the festivities.
- There will be a DECA meeting on Tuesday during TST B (12:15 PM) in room 402. Members will receive prep materials for districts. Please contact Ms. Weisinger at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- A representative from Iowa Wesleyan will be here today during lunch. If you would like to learn more about the Tigers, please stop by their table during your lunch time.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Fort Madison Middle School is in need of individuals who would be willing to assist younger students in their academic needs. You can receive service hours, or credits if the assistance fits into your schedule without affecting your graduation requirements. Please contact Mr. Dirth at email@example.com with any questions.
- Happy birthday to Brandon Brown and Mark Whitmire.
- Pizza burger; carrots; fresh melon; milk.
Word of the Day:
- Xenophobia – noun [zeen-oh-pho-bee-uh]
- Intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries. As in: In a global society, there is no place for xenophobia.
This Day in History: 1940 – The Axis Powers of World War II are formed as Germany, Italy, and Japan become allies with the signing of the Tripartite Pact in Berlin.
Fact of the Day: The Tripartite Pact between Germany, Italy, and Japan provided mutual assistance should any of the signatories suffer any attack by any nation not already involved in World War II. The formalizing of the alliance was aimed directly at America – designed to force the United States to think twice before venturing in on the side of the allies.
Strange, but True: Following the attack at Pearl Harbor, President Roosevelt requested a bulletproof car but, due to a spending limit of $750, the only car within their budget was Al Capone’s limo, which had been seized by the Treasury Department following Capone’s arrest for tax evasion.
Quote of the Day: