General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Homecoming tickets are on sale from 7:30 to 8:00 AM, and during lunch. The cost per ticket is $10.00.
- Pack in Pink (FMHS support for the fight against breast cancer) is coming on Friday, 10/12/18. Shirt order forms have been distributed to all period 2 classrooms, but if you still need a form, please stop in the band room or print a form from this link. Shirts are $10.00 with all profits being donated for research. T-shirt order forms will be due on Monday, 10/1/18. Please turn them into Mr. Madsen or an NHS member.
FMHS Activities @Bloodhounds_AD:
- Good luck to the cross country teams this afternoon in Washington. Races start at 4:45 PM.
- Best of luck to the volleyball teams tonight at Mediapolis. Matches start at 5:30 PM.
- Robotics will be selling Homecoming Howlers at lunch this week. Send a fun joke to a friend for just $0.50 .
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Fort Madison Middle School is in need of individuals who would be willing to assist younger students in their academic needs. You can receive service hours, or credits if the assistance fits into your schedule without affecting your graduation requirements. Please contact Mr. Dirth at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Happy birthday to Caeden Klesner.
- Pulled pork sandwich; baked beans; applesauce; milk.
- A la carte: pasta bar.
Word of the Day:
- Valor – noun [val-urr]
- Great courage in the face of danger. As in: there are several medals awarded by the military branches for valor in battle.
This Day in History: 1981 – Sandra Day O’Connor becomes the first female US Supreme Court justice in history.
Fact of the Day: Along with being the first woman elected to the US Supreme Court, Sandra Day O’Connor was also the first woman in the United States elected to hold the position of majority leader in a state senate.
Strange, but True: In a line of historical firsts for Sandra Day O’Connor, which includes becoming the first majority leader in a state senate, and first female US Supreme Court justice, O’Connor also has the distinction of first woman to present the Oath of Office to a Vice President, when she swore in Dan Quayle in 1989.
Quote of the Day: