General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The homecoming parade is fast approaching. If you would like to enter a float in the parade, please fill out this form and return it to Ms. Harter or Ms. Jones in the main office by Tuesday, 9/25/18.
- If you didn’t receive your free water bottle from Ms. Arnold last Friday, please stop by the nurse’s office during a non-class time to pick yours up.
- Homecoming and powder puff shirts are on sale during lunch. Purchase yours during your lunch time.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the JV football team this evening at home against Clear Creek Amana. The game will kick off at 6:00 PM.
- The IHSSA Speech team ill be meeting on Tuesday at 3:30 PM in room 302. If you are interested in the speech team, please come to the meeting or see Mr. Sissel.
- FFA will be hosting a green hand mixer for all first year members on Wednesday at 6:00 PM in the room 600. Come play games and have some fun!
- There will be an FFA meeting on Wednesday at 7:00 PM in room 600.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Carousel Preschool is looking for volunteers to help with art centers and projects. They need volunteers on Tuesdays and Thursdays for one to two hours. Please contact Candy Berquam at 319-795-6478 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Y Kids Preschool is looking for volunteers to help with art centers and projects. They need volunteers on Tuesdays and Thursdays for one to two hours. Please contact Emily Hymes at 319-520-8805 or Ykids.email@example.com for more information.
- The Salvation Army Thrift Store in Ft. Madison is looking for volunteers to help sort and hang clothing, and to do some general cleaning. They need volunteers anytime between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Please contact Kelsey Hardy at (319) 372-1613 for more information.
- A representative from Truman State University will be here on Thursday after school. If you would like to learn more about Truman State, please stop by the guidance office on the day of the visit.
- Happy birthday from Friday to Vanessa Diaz.
- Happy birthday to Corrine Keenan and Lewis Poetting.
- Pork fritter sandwich; celery; peaches; milk.
Word of the Day:
- Knoll – noun [nole]
- A small, natural hill. As in: she walked up the grassy knoll so that she could see the parade better.
This Day in History: 1881 – tensions near the breaking point in Tombstone as the Earp brothers and the Clanton-McLaury families vie for power in the Arizona Territory.
Fact of the Day: The Earps (city dwellers), and the Clanton-McLaurys (ranchers) were at such odds in Tombstone that in October of 1881, they stooped to violence to solve their issues, engaging in what is now infamously known as “the shootout at the OK Corral.”
Strange, but True: The “shootout at the OK Corral” in 1881 lasted only 30 seconds, but it has been immortalized in three major film productions, and dozens of television shows. In fact, the shootout might be the only reason we know the names Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: