General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- If you purchased a 2017/2018 yearbook, you may pick it up between Friday, 8/31/18 and Friday, 9/7/18, before or after school in Room 328, which is near the media center.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- It’s not too late to join a fall sport. See Mr. Swink or Ms. Wiseman in the office for details.
- Good luck to the JV football team this evening at home against Central Lee. Kick off is 5:00 PM.
- The FMHS Robotics Team, the Cyberhounds, is currently looking for new members. You may apply here.
- Do you like to read and talk about books? The book club will be meeting during lunch and TST in the Makerspace on the first Monday of each month. If you are interested, fill out the application or see Ms. Puga.
- The Drama Club will meet today at 3:30 PM in room 304 with Ms. Ljungkull. Everyone is invited! The discussion will center on information for the fall production.
- Key Club is a student volunteer organization with the mission to serve “home, school, and community”. Their first meeting of the year will take place next Wednesday at 5:30 PM in room 301.
- The first FFA meeting of the school year will be on Wednesday at 7:00 PM in the Ag room (600).
- There will be a DECA meeting next Thursday during TST B in room 402 at 12:15. If you are interested in being a member of DECA, or the opportunities available through the career organization, you are welcome to attend the meeting. Please contact Ms. Weisinger at email@example.com with any questions.
- The first Art Club meeting of the school year will be Thursday at 3:30 PM in room 102. Anyone can join Art Club! Come enjoy snacks, friends and art! The first meeting will be very important to attend this year so please come if you are planning on being apart of the club. If you have other obligations during that time, please stop by Ms. Smith’s classroom to receive all of the new information.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Rodeo Parade Committee is looking for seven to ten students to work the parade on Saturday, 9/8/18. Interested students should contact Kirk Sherwood at (319) 470-3584. Volunteers will be needed from 7:00 AM to noon.
- Happy birthday to Mr. Mike Rieck and Mr. Randy Sissel.
- Green beans;
Word of the Day:
- Candid – adjective [can-did]
- Truthful and straightforward. As in: the young man was surprisingly candid about his role in the accident.
This Day in History: 1955 – The first edition of “The Guinness Book of Records” is published in Great Britain.
Fact of the Day: The Guinness Book of Records has sold more than 130 million copies to date, has been translated into more than 25 languages, and is the top-selling copyrighted title in history.
Strange, but True: Usain Bolt is the fastest person on two legs, but what about four? In 2014, Japan’s Kenichi Ito “ran” 100 meters in 15.71 seconds, entirely on all fours (he wore special gloves for grip).
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: