General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Welcome to the 2018/2019 school year!
- Today’s bell schedule can be found here. ALL students are required to attend homeroom and the assembly today. Seating during the assembly will be by homeroom. You will be instructed in that process during your homeroom time.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- It’s not too late to join a fall sport. See Mr. Swink or Ms. Wiseman in the office for details.
- There will be a DECA meeting next Thursday, 8/30/18 during TST B in room 402 at 12:15. If you are interested in being a member of DECA, or the opportunities available through the career organization, you are welcome to attend the meeting. Please contact Ms. Weisinger at email@example.com with any questions.
- Happy birthday to Jenna Jones.
- Corn dog;
- Broccoli w/ dip;
Word of the Day:
- Accompany – verb [uh-com-pan-ee]
- To go somewhere with someone as a companion or guest; to be present or occur at the same time. As in: The sisters accompanied one another to school this morning.
This Day in History: 1902 – Pioneering cookbook author Fannie Farmer opens Miss Farmer’s School of Cookery in Boston. Farmer would later educate medical professionals about the importance of proper nutrition for the sick.
Fact of the Day: Fannie Farmer’s expertise in the areas of nutrition and illness was so precise that she would eventually become an instructor at the Harvard Medical School.
Strange, but True: Shortly after tomato ketchup was invented, it was sold as medicine. Dr. John Cooke Bennett sold ketchup in pill form and claimed it could cure diarrhea, indigestion, jaundice, and rheumatism. It can’t do any of those things, but it does taste good with french fries.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: