General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- All artwork needs to be retrieved from Ms. Smith’s room by tomorrow. If you are unable to retrieve it, please ask a friend to do so. Any artwork left in the art room on Wednesday will be recycled.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the boys soccer team tonight at districts at Clear Creek Amana. Game starts at 7:00 PM.
- There will be a mandatory GSA meeting this afternoon in room 202 at 3:30 PM. The agenda will be elections for next year and senior goodbyes.
- The Eagles Club in Fort Madison will be hosting their 14th annual Mystery Ride, which benefits Lee and Des Moines County hospice care, on Saturday, 7/21/18 from 1:00 until 9:00 PM. They will be in need of volunteers during the event. If you are interested, please contact Jill Fink at 319-470-7516 for more information or to sign up.
- Happy birthday to Lily Cadwallader, Hannah Fountain, and Ms. Shalisse Johnstun.
- Happy birthday on August 21 to Trenton Blint and Cheyanne Fedler.
- Spaghetti or chicken patty sandwich;
- Broccoli and/or baby carrots;
- Pears and/or apple slices.
Word of the Day:
- Knead – verb [need]
- To make uniform. As in: the massage therapist kneaded the player’s muscles after the game to help relieve soreness.
This Day in History: 1901 – Connecticut becomes the first state to pass a law regulating motor vehicles, limiting their speed to 12 mph in cities, and 15 mph on country roads.
Fact of the Day: Adoption of speed regulations and other traffic codes was a slow and uneven process across the nation. As late as 1930, 12 states still had no speed limit, and 28 states still didn’t require a driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle.
#StrangeButTrue: As of 2018, The Fast and the Furious franchise is 17 years old, meaning, if it were a person, it would now be old enough to drive.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: