General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Any student wanting to audition for the marching band color guard may attend rehearsals next week from Monday to Thursday at the FMMS gym from 7:00 to 7:45 AM, and/or at the FMHS MPR from 3:20 to 4:20 PM. Please see Mr. Madsen in the band room with any questions.
- All library books and media equipment are due back by Friday, 5/18/18. Seniors should settle all accounts as soon as possible.
- Show choir auditions will take place next week. Anyone interested in attending should contact Mr. Stoddard in person or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional audition material and information is available in the choir room. Auditions are open to anyone entering grades 9-12. The choir program would love to have you and hope you audition.
- Though it is not too late to order your yearbook for this year, it IS too late to order yearbooks with any extras, including name stamps, icons, year in review, etc. You may no longer order yearbooks online. If you need a form, please see the pocket on the bulletin board near room 303. All orders are due by 5/30/18.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the golfers today in Burlington as they attempt to play their way into postseason tournaments. Tee off time is 10:00 AM at Flint Hills Golf Course.
- Best of luck to the track teams tonight as they attempt to qualify for the state meet. Events start in Mt. Pleasant at 4:00 PM.
- Good luck to the boys soccer team at Fairfield this evening. Games start at 5:30 PM.
- The FMHS Art Walk will be open for viewing through Saturday and is a showcase of the artwork the students have created throughout the school year. The reception for the students will on Saturday from 2:00 to 5:00 PM. The event will be catered and feature local artwork and a live b and. A $100 Pizza Hut gift card will be given away as a prize at the reception, as well. To be included in the drawing you must take a selfie next to a piece of displayed art and send the picture, along with your name to email@example.com. Locations will all be downtown Fort Madison on Avenue G: The Fort Madison Area Arts Association Gallery, The Victoria Gallery, Artist Trax Gallery, and the Artisans Gallery.
- Happy birthday on August 10 to Reuben Eid, Dristin Gregory, Allyson Helmick, Kylee Scott, and Ms. Kelly Knustrom.
- Hot dog w/ french fries or chicken stir fry w/ rice;
- Strawberries and/or apple slices.
Word of the Day:
- Dally – verb [dal-ee]
- To intentionally act or move slowly. As in: he was tardy to school because he dallied around the house getting ready.
This Day in History: 1869 – The presidents of the Union Pacific and Central Pacific railroads meet in Promontory, Utah and drive a ceremonial last spike into a rail line that connects their railroads, making transcontinental railroad travel for the first time in US history.
Fact of the Day: Beginning in 1862 with the Pacific Railroad Act, the Union Pacific and Central Pacific railroads forged a route across the country, Union Pacific starting in Sacramento, California, and the Central Pacific starting in Omaha, Nebraska. In their eagerness to complete the process as quickly as possible, the two railroads built right past each other, and the final meeting place had to be renegotiated.
#StrangeButTrue: Smiling is contagious and has scientifically-proven health benefits, such as lowering heart rate, reducing stress, lessening pain, boosting the immune system, and most importantly, helping you live a longer life.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: