General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- May the Fourth be with you!
- All library books and media equipment are due back by Friday, 5/18/18. Seniors should settle all accounts as soon as possible.
- Show choir auditions will take place during the week of 5/14/18 to 5/18/18. Anyone interested in attending should contact Mr. Stoddard in person or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional audition material and information is available in the choir room. Auditions are open to anyone entering grades 9-12. The choir program would love to have you and hope you audition.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the music groups as they participate in their large group contest this afternoon at the middle school.
- Best of luck to the golfers as they face off against Washington and Mount Pleasant at home this evening. Tee off time is 4:00 PM.
- Good luck to the boys soccer team tonight against the Panthers of Mount Pleasant at the Baxter Sports Complex. Games start at 5:30 PM.
- Best of luck to the golfers tomorrow at the Central Lee Invite. Tee off is 7:30 AM.
- Good luck to the boys tennis team tomorrow at the Muscatine Invite. Matches start at 9:00 AM.
- Best of luck to the girls soccer team tomorrow at Davenport West. Games start at 1:00 PM.
- The music awards night and concert will be held on Sunday at FMHS starting at noon.
- The FMHS Art Walk will be open for viewing through Saturday, 5/12/18 and is a showcase of the artwork the students have created throughout the school year. The reception for the students will on 5/12/18 from 2:00 to 5:00 PM. The event will be catered and feature local artwork and a live b and. A $100 Pizza Hut gift card will be given away as a prize at the reception, as well. To be included in the drawing you must take a selfie next to a piece of displayed art and send the picture, along with your name to email@example.com. Locations will all be downtown Fort Madison on Avenue G: The Fort Madison Area Arts Association Gallery, The Victoria Gallery, Artist Trax Gallery, and the Artisans Gallery.
- Happy birthday to Madison Monaco.
- Happy birthday on Sunday to Rachel Hellman.
- Happy birthday on August 6 to Bryce Britton.
- Macaroni & cheese or Mandarin chicken w/ rice;
- Salad and/or Asian-blend vegetables;
- Strawberries and/or apple slices.
Word of the Day:
- Calamity- noun [kuh-lam-ity]
- An event causing great and often sudden damage or distress; a disaster. As in: the fire was the latest calamity to strike the neighborhood.
This Day in History: 1776 – Rhode Island becomes the first North American colony to renounce its allegiance to King George III of Great Britain.
Fact of the Day: Rhode Island was the first North American colony to renounce its allegiance to Great Britain. Ironically, it was the last state to ratify the American Constitution, not doing so until 1790, 14 years after most other states had ratified it.
#StrangeButTrue: The Beanie Babies fad of the late 1990s made Ty Warner, the creator of the toy, 2.4 billion dollars. At one point, they made up 10% of all sales on eBay. One divorced couple brought their substantial collection to court with them so that they could be split up under the direct supervision of a judge.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: