General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The Yearbook staff are requesting that students who attended prom send them your pictures of the night. Please be sure they are appropriate. Pictures can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you interested in what happens in your school? Student Government is now accepting applications for representatives that want to be leaders at FMHS. If you would like to be part of Student Government, please stop by the office and get an application from Ms. Jones. Applications are due by Friday.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the golfers today at the Notre Dame Invite. Tee off time is 10:00 AM.
- Best of luck to the girls soccer teams tonight against Fairfield at the Baxter Sports Complex. Games start at 5:30 PM.
- FFA will be hosting a blood drive on Thursday. Anyone interested in signing up to donate can visit the table during lunch, or see/email Ms. Slee, email@example.com. You must obtain permission from an instructor if you intend to give blood. You may not leave a core class to give blood.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Fort Madison Main Street is taking volunteers for Mayhem on the Mississippi this Friday and Saturday. A variety of options are available, from setup to teardown and clean up. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 319-372-5471.
- The Fort Madison Partners are looking for individuals to assist in painting houses next week. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com.
- Happy birthday to Allysen White.
- Beef taco pie or cheese quesadilla;
- Refried beans and/or baby carrots;
- Raisins and/or Mandarin oranges.
Word of the Day:
- Adjunct- adjective [ad-junkt]
- Connected or added to something, typically in a supplementary way. As in: he was a special education teacher, but also had a degree in World History, so he served as an adjunct to the social studies department, as well.
This Day in History: 1926 – Ford Motor Company becomes one of the first companies in America to adopt a five-day, 40-hour week for workers in its automotive factories.
Fact of the Day: Karl Benz of Germany is typically credited as the inventor of the first modern automobile, having developed a working model as early as 1885. Henry Ford’s Model T made automobiles affordable for the masses in 1908.
#StrangeButTrue: The world’s first self-propelled vehicle was designed in 1478 by Leonardo da Vinci. The machine worked like a wind-up toy and could travel about 130 feet.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: