General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The junior class will be selling prom tickets during the lunch hour through Friday. Tickets are $12 per person.
- Voting for the prom court will be conducted tomorrow and Thursday via Google Form, which will be sent to juniors and seniors on Wednesday.
- Prom times (8:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
- Promenade at 7:30 PM.
- Doors Lock at 9:00 PM (no entry thereafter).
- Coronation at 10:00 PM.
- After Prom sign up will be during lunch this week at the prom ticket sales table Students must sign up ahead of time to attend. You will not be admitted at the door if you do not sign up.
- There is still time to buy your 2017/2018 yearbook. Go to www.yearbookforever.com, and search for Fort Madison High School. The deadline is 5/30/18. Email Ms. Brownlee at email@example.com if you have questions.
- Are you interested in what happens in your school? Student Government is now accepting applications for representatives that want to be leaders at FMHS. If you would like to be part of Student Government, please stop by the office and get an application from Ms. Jones. Applications are due by Friday, 5/4/18.
- There will be a representative available to assist with FAFSA paperwork during parent/teacher conferences tonight. Stop by the guidance office to sign up for a time.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- FMHS Parent/Teacher Conferences from 3:30 to 7:00 PM.
- Attention, National Honor Society members: please report to the Bloodhound statue by the front office today at 11:45 AM for your group picture for the yearbook.
- GSA is hosting an art auction this week. The auction will also run during parent/teacher conferences tonight. Please bid on the amazing art!
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Fort Madison Main Street is taking volunteers for Mayhem on the Mississippi on Friday, 5/4/18 and Saturday, 5/5/18. A variety of options are available, from setup to teardown and clean up. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 319-372-5471.
- Fort Madison Main Street is asking for volunteers to assist in planting flowers in downtown Fort Madison in May. Exact dates have not been determined. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com or call her at 319-372-5471.
- The Fort Madison Partners are looking for individuals to assist in painting houses during the week of 5/7/18 to 5/12/18. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No birthdays today.
- Beef shepherd’s pie or ham & cheese wrap;
- Baked beans and/or salad;
- Mandarin oranges and/or strawberries;
Word of the Day:
- Manuscript- noun [man-u-script]
- A book, document, or piece of music written by hand rather than typed or printed. As in: The Dead Sea scrolls are ancient Jewish manuscripts that were found in caves near the Dead Sea.
This Day in History: 1990 – The crew of the US space shuttle Discovery places the Hubble Space Telescope, a long-term space-based observatory, into low orbit around the Earth.
Fact of the Day: Free of atmospheric distortions, Hubble has a resolution ten times that of ground-based observatories. Among its many astronomical achievements, Hubble has been used to record a comet’s collision with Jupiter, provide a direct look at the surface of Pluto, view distant galaxies, gas clouds, and black holes, and see billions of years into the universe’s past.
#StrangeButTrue: The Hubble Telescope orbits Earth every 97 minutes, moving at a speed of five miles per second. It moves fast enough to travel across the United States in ten minutes.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: