General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The junior class will be selling prom tickets during the lunch hour through Friday. Tickets are $12 per person. A few notes about #prom2018:
- If you plan to bring a guest (someone who does not currently attend FMHS), you need to pick up and fill out the guest form in the office. These forms must be turned in today.
- Voting for the prom court will be conducted tomorrow and Thursday via Google Form, which will be sent to juniors and seniors on Wednesday.
- After Prom sign up will be during lunch this week at the prom ticket sales table Students must sign up ahead of time to attend. You will not be admitted at the door if you do not sign up.
- There is still time to buy your 2017/2018 yearbook. Go to www.yearbookforever.com, and search for Fort Madison High School. The deadline is 5/30/18. Email Ms. Brownlee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Are you interested in what happens in your school? Student Government is now accepting applications for representatives that want to be leaders at FMHS. If you would like to be part of Student Government, please stop by the office and get an application from Ms. Jones. Applications are due by Friday, 5/4/18.
- There will be a representative available to assist with FAFSA paperwork during parent/teacher conferences tomorrow. Stop by the guidance office to sign up for a time.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the golfers as they compete in the Lee County Golf Invite today. Tee off is at 11:00 AM.
- Best of luck to the girls track team at Keokuk this evening. Events start at 4:00 PM.
- Good luck to the boys track team at Mediapolis tonight. Events start at 4:30 PM.
- Best of luck to the boys tennis team at Fairfield this afternoon. Matches start at 4:30 PM.
- Good luck to the girls tennis team at home tonight against the Trojans of Fairfield. Matches start at 4:30 PM.
- Best of luck to the girls soccer team as they travel to Fairfield this evening. Games start at 5:30 PM.
- Attention, National Honor Society members: please report to the Bloodhound statue by the front office tomorrow at 11:45 AM for your group picture for the yearbook.
- GSA is hosting an art auction this week. The auction will also run during parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday. Please bid on the amazing art!
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Fort Madison Main Street is taking volunteers for Mayhem on the Mississippi on Friday, 5/4/18 and Saturday, 5/5/18. A variety of options are available, from setup to teardown and clean up. Please contact email@example.com or call her at 319-372-5471.
- Fort Madison Main Street is asking for volunteers to assist in planting flowers in downtown Fort Madison in May. Exact dates have not been determined. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 319-372-5471.
- The Fort Madison Partners are looking for individuals to assist in painting houses during the week of 5/7/18 to 5/12/18. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com.
- Happy birthday to Joshua Baker.
- Happy birthday on July 24 to Alaina Gilpin, Jason Meyer, and Tyler Enke.
- Teriyaki chicken w/ rice or cheese omelette w/ toast;
- Bell pepper slices w/ dip and/or Asian blend vegetables;
- Orange half and/or blueberries.
Word of the Day:
- Asseverate- verb [as-sev-er-ate]
- To affirm or declare positively or earnestly. As in: he always asseverated that he didn’t know where the treasure was buried.
This Day in History: 1800 – President John Adams approves legislation to appropriate $5,000 to purchase “such books as may be necessary for the use of Congress,” thus establishing the Library or Congress.
Fact of the Day: The Library of Congress contains more than 17 million books, as well as millions of maps, manuscripts, photographs, films, audio and video recordings, prints, and drawings. The collection requires three enormous buildings in Washington, DC.
#StrangeButTrue: Ever wonder why pounds is abbreviated “lbs?” It comes from the Latin word for “libra,” which means pound.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: