General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- There is still time to buy your 2017/2018 yearbook. Go to www.yearbookforever.com, and search for Fort Madison High School. The deadline is 5/30/18. Email Ms. Brownlee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Are you interested in what happens in your school? Student Government is now accepting applications for representatives that want to be leaders at FMHS. If you would like to be part of Student Government, please stop by the office and get an application from Ms. Jones. Applications are due by Friday, 5/4/18.
- There will be a representative available to assist with FAFSA paperwork during parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday. Stop by the guidance office to sign up for a time.
- The junior class will be selling prom tickets during the lunch hour through Friday. Tickets are $12 per person. A few notes about #prom2018:
- If you plan to bring a guest (someone who does not currently attend FMHS), you need to pick up and fill out the guest form in the office. These forms must be turned in by tomorrow.
- Voting for the prom court will be conducted today and tomorrow via Google Form, which will be sent to student emails today.
- Voting for the prom court will be conducted on Wednesday and Thursday via Google Form, which will be sent to juniors and seniors on Wednesday.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the girls track team this evening at Van Buren. Events start at 4:45 PM.
- Best of luck to the boys soccer team tonight at the Baxter Sports Complex against Fairfield. Games start at 5:30 PM.
- Attention, National Honor Society members: please report to the Bloodhound statue by the front office on Wednesday at 11:45 AM for your group picture for the yearbook.
- GSA is hosting an art auction this week. The auction will also run during parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday. Please bid on the amazing art!
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Fort Madison Main Street is taking volunteers for Mayhem on the Mississippi on Friday, 5/4/18 and Saturday, 5/5/18. A variety of options are available, from setup to teardown and clean up. Please contact email@example.com or call her at 319-372-5471.
- Fort Madison Main Street is asking for volunteers to assist in planting flowers in downtown Fort Madison in May. Exact dates have not been determined. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 319-372-5471.
- The Fort Madison Partners are looking for individuals to assist in painting houses during the week of 5/7/18 to 5/12/18. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com.
- Happy birthday to Joshua Faulkner.
- Happy birthday on July 23 to Renzo Eid, Aubrey Corson, Marlee Klesner, Amber Redmond, and Ms. Karla McPherson.
- Spaghetti or chicken patty sandwich;
- Broccoli and/or baby carrots;
- Pears and/or apple slices.
Word of the Day:
- Smorgasbord- noun [smore-gus-bored]
- An often large heterogeneous group. As in: the director needed to deal with a smorgasbord of problems before she began filming.
This Day in History: 1564 – The great dramatist and poet William Shakespeare is born.
Fact of the Day: Although few plays have been performed or analyzed as extensively as the 38 plays ascribed to William Shakespeare, there are very few surviving details about the playwright’s life. The information we do have comes in the form of official baptism and marriage records.
#StrangeButTrue: Spelling was not seen as important in Shakespeare’s time and very few words were spelled with any consistency during the age. As such, there are over 80 documented spellings of Shakespeare’s name, including Shakespre, Shakysper, Shaxpeer, and Shakper. Shakespeare didn’t even spell his name the same every time, but favored variations of Shakespere.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: