General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Are you interested in what happens in your school? Student Government is now accepting applications for representatives that want to be leaders at FMHS. If you would like to be part of Student Government, please stop by the office and get an application from Ms. Jones. Applications are due by Friday, 5/4/18.
- There will be a student government assembly today at 3:00 PM in the gym.
- There will be a representative available to assist with FAFSA paperwork during parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday. Stop by the guidance office to sign up for a time.
- The junior class will be selling prom tickets during the lunch hour through Friday, 4/27/18. Tickets are $12 per person. A few notes about #prom2018:
- If you plan to bring a guest (someone who does not currently attend FMHS), you need to pick up and fill out the guest form in the office. These forms must be turned in by Tuesday.
- Voting for the prom court will be conducted on Monday and Tuesday via Google Form, which will be sent to student emails on Monday.
- Voting for the prom court will be conducted on Wednesday and Thursday via Google Form, which will be sent to juniors and seniors on Wednesday.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the boys golf team today against Fairfield and Keokuk at Keokuk. Tee off is 4:00 PM at the Elks Fairview Golf Course.
- Best of luck to the boys soccer teams at Washington this afternoon. Kick off is 4:30 PM.
- Good luck to the girls tennis team today at Burlington. Matches start at 4:30 PM.
- Best of luck to the girls soccer teams as they host the Demons of Washington at the Baxter Sports Complex tonight at 5:30 PM.
- Good luck tomorrow to the boys golf team at the Washington Invite at the Washington Golf & Country Club. Tee off is 9:00 AM.
- GSA is hosting an art auction next week. The auction will also run during parent/teacher conferences on 4/25/18. Please bid on the amazing art!
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Fort Madison Public Library is looking for volunteer help. Please contact Amy Morris-Boyer or Chloe Rempe at the library to make arrangements.
- The elementary PTOs are looking for volunteers for the elementary school Fun Fest on Saturday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Volunteers will also be needed for setup on Friday. If interested, please see Mr. Ehlers in room 314 or email him at email@example.com.
- Fort Madison Main Street is taking volunteers for Mayhem on the Mississippi on Friday, 5/4/18 and Saturday, 5/5/18. A variety of options are available, from setup to teardown and clean up. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 319-372-5471.
- Fort Madison Main Street is asking for volunteers to assist in planting flowers in downtown Fort Madison in May. Exact dates have not been determined. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com or call her at 319-372-5471.
- The Fort Madison Partners are looking for individuals to assist in painting houses during the week of 5/7/18 to 5/12/18. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Happy birthday to Abigail Stegall.
- Happy birthday tomorrow to Elsie Cardona, Jeffrey Hamelton, and Carly Wehrle.
- Happy birthday on Sunday to Alyssa Gilpin.
- Happy birthday on July 20 to Lily Scott.
- Happy birthday on July 21 to Josie Pumphrey.
- Happy birthday on July 22 to Aaron Bowen.
- Cheese-stuffed breadstick or chicken curry casserole;
- Peaches and/or tropical fruit.
Word of the Day:
- Absolve- verb [ab-zolve]
- To free someone from blame, guilt, or responsibility. As in: the pardon absolved the man of any criminal wrongdoing.
This Day in History: 2008 – 26-year-old Danica Patrick wins the Indy 300 in Japan, making her the first female winner in IndyCar racing history.
Fact of the Day: Danica Patrick began racing in IndyCar races in 2005, and was the first woman to lead a lap at the Indy 500 in the same year. She would finish fourth in that race and take home Rookie of the Year honors for her efforts in 2005.
#StrangeButTrue: There is an annual event, sponsored by Spike TV, called Carpocalypse. It is a smorgasbord of bizzaro auto racing concepts, from a school bus figure-8 race to a blindfolded trailer race. The most bizzare is the ambulance chain race, in which ambulances tow other vehicles behind them on chains.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: