General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The junior class will be selling prom tickets during the lunch hour through Friday, 4/27/18. Tickets are $12 per person. A few notes about #prom2018:
- If you plan to bring a guest (someone who does not currently attend FMHS), you need to pick up and fill out the guest form in the office. These forms must be turned in by Tuesday.
- Voting for the prom court will be conducted on Monday and Tuesday via Google Form, which will be sent to student emails on Monday.
- Voting for the prom court will be conducted on Wednesday and Thursday via Google Form, which will be sent to juniors and seniors on Wednesday.
- This week is Student Leadership Week:
- A Spirit Day will be held tomorrow, and those wishing to be elected for student government will be allowed to make speeches. The election will occur next week.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the girls track team at Washington this evening. Events start at 4:30 PM.
- Best of luck to the boys tennis team at home against Notre Dame this afternoon. Matches start at 4:30 PM.
- Good luck to the girls soccer teams tonight against Iowa City Liberty at the Baxter Sports Complex. Games start at 5:30 PM.
- GSA is hosting an art auction next week. The auction will also run during parent/teacher conferences on 4/25/18. Please bid on the amazing art!
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Fort Madison Public Library is looking for volunteer help. Please contact Amy Morris-Boyer or Chloe Rempe at the library to make arrangements.
- The elementary PTOs are looking for volunteers for the elementary school Fun Fest on Saturday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Volunteers will also be needed for setup on Friday. If interested, please see Mr. Ehlers in room 314 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fort Madison Main Street is taking volunteers for Mayhem on the Mississippi on Friday, 5/4/18 and Saturday, 5/5/18. A variety of options are available, from setup to teardown and clean up. Please contact email@example.com or call her at 319-372-5471.
- Fort Madison Main Street is asking for volunteers to assist in planting flowers in downtown Fort Madison in May. Exact dates have not been determined. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 319-372-5471.
- The Fort Madison Partners are looking for individuals to assist in painting houses during the week of 5/7/18 to 5/12/18. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com.
- Happy birthday to Olivia Shields.
- Ravioli w/ breadstick or hot ham & cheese sandwich;
- Green beans and/or baby carrots w/ dip;
- Orange half and/or pears.
Word of the Day:
- Imminent- adjective [imm-uh-nent]
- About to happen. As in: the thunderstorm was imminent.
This Day in History: 1897 – John J. McDermott of New York wins the first Boston Marathon.
Fact of the Day: In 1975, the Boston Marathon became the first major marathon to include a wheelchair division competition. The winner’s time was only three minutes slower than the winner in the regular division.
#StrangeButTrue: There are more atoms in a glass of water than glasses of water in all of the oceans on Earth.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: