General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The Fort Madison Area Arts Association Regional High School Art Competition will be open for viewing from today through Thursday, 4/26/18. Hours at the Fort Madison Area Arts Association Gallery, located at 825 Avenue G in Fort Madison, are from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the golf team today as they travel to Burlington to take part in the Notre Dame Invite. Tee off is 10:00 AM.
- Best of luck to the girls tennis team this afternoon as they host the Mustangs of Davis County. Matches start at 4:30 PM.
- Good luck to the girls track team this evening at the Pen City Relays on the track. Events start at 4:30 PM.
- GSA is hosting an art auction next week. The auction will also run during parent/teacher conferences on 4/25/18. Please bid on the amazing art!
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Fort Madison Public Library is looking for volunteer help. Please contact Amy Morris-Boyer or Chloe Rempe at the library to make arrangements.
- Fort Madison Main Street is taking volunteers for Mayhem on the Mississippi on Friday, 5/4/18 and Saturday, 5/5/18. A variety of options are available, from setup to teardown and clean up. Please contact email@example.com or call her at 319-372-5471.
- Fort Madison Main Street is asking for volunteers to assist in planting flowers in downtown Fort Madison in May. Exact dates have not been determined. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 319-372-5471.
- The Fort Madison Partners are looking for individuals to assist in painting houses during the week of 5/7/18 to 5/12/18. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com.
- Happy birthday to Jameria McCullough and Nakia Ross.
- Happy birthday on July 10 to Tyler Mitchell.
- Chicken nuggets or tuna & noodles;
- Peas and/or salad;
- Blueberries and/or apricots;
- Club crackers.
Word of the Day:
- Allure- verb [uh-luwer]
- To powerfully attract or charm; tempt. As in: Paris has a powerful allure.
This Day in History: 1866 – The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) i founded in New York City.
Fact of the Day: Today, because of anti-cruelty laws in the United States, the ASPCA has the power to arrest and prosecute violators of those laws.
#StrangeButTrue: When shown at the piano singing in the cartoon, the three little pigs have a picture of their father on the wall…in the form of sausage links.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: