- The library/media center will be returning to its regular hours for spring. If you need time in the LMC, makerspace, or green room, please see Ms. Puga.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the boys tennis team this afternoon at Keokuk. Matches start at 4:30 PM.
- Best of luck to the girls tennis team this afternoon as they host the Chiefs of Keokuk. Matches start at 4:30 PM.
- Good luck to the boys soccer team this evening as they host Keokuk at the Baxter Sports Complex in conference play. Game starts at 5:30 PM.
- Best of luck to the girls soccer team tonight as they travel to Keokuk. Game starts at 5:30 PM.
- GSA is hosting an art auction during lunch from 4/16/18 through 4/20/18. The auction will also run during parent/teacher conferences on 4/25/18. Please bid on the amazing art!
- The GSA is holding a dodgeball tournament on Wednesday, 4/18/18 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM. The cost for a team of ten is $50. The deadline to sign up is Friday, 4/6/18. Please contact Ms. Holterhaus, Ms. Petersen, or Ms. Slifer for more information.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Fort Madison Main Street is taking volunteers for Mayhem on the Mississippi on Friday, 5/4/18 and Saturday, 5/5/18. A variety of options are available, from setup to teardown and clean up. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 319-372-5471.
- Fort Madison Main Street is asking for volunteers to assist in planting flowers in downtown Fort Madison in May. Exact dates have not been determined. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com or call her at 319-372-5471.
- The Fort Madison Partners are looking for individuals to assist in painting houses during the week of 5/7/18 to 5/12/18. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Happy birthday to Owen Kruse and Sadie Steffensmeier.
- Happy birthday on July 9 to Lucas Walljasper and Sarah Schierbrock.
- Chicken alfredo or hamburger;
- Broccoli and/or tomato slices;
- Tropical fruit and/or pears.
Word of the Day:
- Mayhem – noun [may-hem]
- Violent or damaging disorder; chaos. As in: the protest turned into mayhem.
This Day in History: 1865 – Confederate General Robert E. Lee surrenders his 28,000 troops to Union General Ulysses S. Grant, effectively ending the American Civil War.
Fact of the Day: The American Civil War had a devastating mark on the country, leaving over 600,000 soldiers dead.
#StrangeButTrue: The American Civil War saw as many casualties in the four years of the war as all other American conflicts combined.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: