- The library/media center will be returning to its regular hours for spring. If you need time in the LMC, makerspace, or green room, please see Ms. Puga.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- All young men interested in playing baseball this summer should meet in the MPR at 6:00 PM on Sunday night, 4/8/18. There will be a meeting and pizza dinner at that time. Please bring your gloves and bats, as there will be open gym afterwards until 9:00 PM.
- Good luck to the girls soccer team this afternoon as they host Fairfield at the Baxter Sports Complex. Game starts at 5:30 PM.
- Best of luck to the JV boys soccer team on Saturday as they host for the FM Invite at te Baxter Sports Complex. Games start at 9:00 AM.
- GSA is hosting an art auction during lunch from 4/16/18 through 4/20/18. The auction will also run during parent/teacher conferences on 4/25/18. Please bid on the amazing art!
- The GSA is holding a dodgeball tournament on Wednesday, 4/18/18 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM. The cost for a team of ten is $50. The deadline to sign up is Friday, 4/6/18. Please contact Ms. Holterhaus, Ms. Petersen, or Ms. Slifer for more information.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Fort Madison Main Street is taking volunteers for Mayhem on the Mississippi on Friday, 5/4/18 and Saturday, 5/5/18. A variety of options are available, from setup to teardown and clean up. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 319-372-5471.
- Fort Madison Main Street is asking for volunteers to assist in planting flowers in downtown Fort Madison in May. Exact dates have not been determined. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com or call her at 319-372-5471.
- The Fort Madison Partners are looking for individuals to assist in painting houses during the week of 5/7/18 to 5/12/18. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Happy birthday to Leigh Johnson.
- Happy birthday on Saturday to Eathaun Brunswig.
- Happy birthday on Sunday to David Goebel.
- Happy birthday on July 6 to Madelyn Swigart, William Kemp, Parker Stratton, and Ms. Sarah Kohl.
- Macaroni & cheese or Mandarin chicken w/ rice;
- Oriental blend vegetables and/or salad;
- Strawberries and/or apple slice.
Word of the Day:
- Veto – noun [vee-toe]
- A constitutional right to reject a decision or proposal made by a law-making body. As in: the president used his veto power.
This Day in History: 1896 – The first modern Olympic Games are held in Athens, Greece, with athletes from 14 countries participating.
Fact of the Day: The first modern Olympiad consisted of 24 athletes competing in 43 events. At the most recent Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea, 2,952 athletes faced off in 102 events across 15 different sports.
#StrangeButTrue: Humanity takes more pictures every two minutes than were taken during the entire 19th century.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: