- The library/media center will be returning to its regular hours for spring. If you need time in the LMC, makerspace, or green room, please see Ms. Puga.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the girls track team this afternoon as they compete at Washington. Events start at 3:30 PM.
- GSA is hosting an art auction during lunch from 4/16/18 through 4/20/18. The auction will also run during parent/teacher conferences on 4/25/18. Please bid on the amazing art!
- The GSA is holding a dodgeball tournament on Wednesday, 4/18/18 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM. The cost for a team of ten is $50. The deadline to sign up is Friday, 4/6/18. Please contact Ms. Holterhaus, Ms. Petersen, or Ms. Slifer for more information.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Soroptimist Club is in need of volunteers for their princess tea party, which will be held at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Fort Madison. Set up will be from 5:00 to 9:00 PM Friday. There are several available shifts on Saturday, as well. Please stop by the guidance office to inquire or sign up.
- Fort Madison Main Street is taking volunteers for Mayhem on the Mississippi on Friday, 5/4/18 and Saturday, 5/5/18. A variety of options are available, from setup to teardown and clean up. Please contact email@example.com or call her at 319-372-5471.
- Fort Madison Main Street is asking for volunteers to assist in planting flowers in downtown Fort Madison in May. Exact dates have not been determined. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 319-372-5471.
- The Fort Madison Partners are looking for individuals to assist in painting houses during the week of 5/7/18 to 5/12/18. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com.
- Happy birthday to Rikki King and Enrique Trejo.
- Happy birthday on July 5 to Alyssa Fincher and Da’Savion Coleman.
- Meat loaf or pulled pork sandwich;
- Green beans and/or grape tomatoes;
- Pineapple and/or applesauce;
- Dinner roll.
Word of the Day:
- Mitigate – verb [mitt-ih-gate]
- To make less severe, serious, or painful. As in: the tylenol mitigated her headache.
This Day in History: 1792 – George Washington exercises the first presidential veto of a Congressional bill.
Fact of the Day: George Washington utilized his presidential veto two times. President Grover Cleveland used his veto power 584 times, more than all other US presidents combined.
#StrangeButTrue: A recent study of New York students has concluded that individuals who avoid foods with artificial flavors and preservatives score 14% better on IQ tests.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: