General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The deadline to submit a PE exemption waiver is today. The form can be found here.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the golf team at the Keokuk Invite this afternoon. Tee time is noon.
- Best of luck to the track teams at Mt. Pleasant tonight. Races start at 4:30 PM.
- Bloodhound cheerleading tryouts will be tonight from 6:00 to 8:00 PM in the FMHS gym.
- If you’re interested in running for an office for your class or for student government, please see Ms. Jones or Ms. Harter in the front office. The offices of student body president and vice president, student body secretary, and student body treasurer are all open. Class president, vice president, and secretary are also available. Please indicate your interest today.
- FMHS Key Club is holding a photography contest to raise money for the PAWS animal shelter. Photos must be turned into the guidance office by next Thursday. Key Club members will then decide the finalists for each category (color, black & white, and pets). If your photo is accepted into the finals, students will vote for their favorite photo during lunch with money. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Kohl or Ms. Johnstun.
- GSA is hosting an art auction during lunch from 4/16/18 through 4/20/18. The auction will also run during parent/teacher conferences on 4/25/18. Please bid on the amazing art!
- The GSA is holding a dodgeball tournament on Wednesday, 4/18/18 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM. The cost for a team of ten is $50. The deadline to sign up is Friday, 4/6/18. Please contact Ms. Holterhaus, Ms. Petersen, or Ms. Slifer for more information.
- Iowa State University will have a representative here today during lunch. If you are interested in ISU, please stop by their table and speak to their representative.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Soroptimist Club is in need of volunteers for their princess tea party, which will be held at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Fort Madison. Set up will be from 5:00 to 9:00 PM next Friday. There are several available shifts on Saturday, as well. Please stop by the guidance office to inquire or sign up.
Happy March Birthday:
- Happy birthday on Friday to Blake Feuerhammer and Lorenzo Riles.
- Happy birthday on Saturday to Ms. Brandi Kelly.
- Happy birthday on Sunday to Chance Decker and Alyse Schmidt.
- Happy birthday on April 3 to Chloe Knotts, Gavin Lorence, and Grace Pumphrey.
- Happy birthday on June 29 to Alec Craft and Makayla Leasch.
- Happy birthday on June 30 to Levi Lowney and Brittney Sanford.
- Happy birthday on July 1 to Clary Fuerman and Ms. Michelle Crandall.
- Happy birthday on July 3 to Kasidy Hester.
- Pork fritter or diced chicken sandwich;
- Peas and/or sweet potato tots;
- Apricots and/or fruit cocktail.
Word of the Day:
- Adjourn – verb [uh-jurn]
- To break off (a meeting, legal case, or game) with the intention of resuming it later. As in: school will adjourn for Easter break this afternoon.
This Day in History: 1951 – In one of the most sensational trials in American history, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg are convicted of espionage for their role in passing atomic secrets to the Soviets during, and after World War II. The husband and wife were later sentenced to death, and executed in 1953.
Fact of the Day: By today’s standards, the Rosenberg trial was remarkably fast. The trial began on March 6, and by March 29, both had been sentenced to death. Many legalists have since opined their belief that the Rosenbergs were incompetently defended.
#StrangeButTrue: Homo Sapiens don’t develop kneecaps until around three years old.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: