General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The deadline to submit a PE exemption waiver is next Thursday. If you intend to ask for the exemption, please do so as soon as possible. The form can be found here.
- Attention all Hy-Vee employees: There will be a request on Tuesday following the daily announcements to report to the front office for a photo that will go in the yearbook. Hy-Vee is a big supporter of both the yearbook program, and FMHS, and they are wanting to recognize all of you. See you then!
- There will be a senior class meeting next Tuesday at 10:45 AM. An announcement will be made at the time of the meeting.
- The high school physical education department is putting on its annual doubles badminton tournament next Wednesday. The tournament will start at 3:30 PM and run until completion. If you are interested in playing, please speak to Mr. Huckabone or Ms. Knustrom. Family members are also welcome to play.
- Attention seniors: Yearbook is offering free senior photos on campus through next Wednesday. Please contact Gracie Gobble to set up an appointment.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the band and choir as they put on their show at Dinner Theater this weekend.
- Bloodhound cheerleading tryouts will be next Thursday from 6:00 to 8:00 PM in the FMHS gym. Anyone is eligible to try out. There will be tryout practices on Monday and Tuesday from 6:00 to 8:00 PM in the FMHS gym.
- There will be a GSA Club art party on Monday at 3:30 PM in room 202. Please bring any art supplies you wish to use. Wear or bring older clothing.
- If you are interested in running for an office for your class or for student government, please see Ms. Jones or Ms. Harter in the front office. The offices of student body president and vice president, student body secretary, and student body treasurer are all open. Class president, vice president, and secretary are also available. Please indicate your interest by next Thursday.
- FMHS Key Club is holding a photography contest to raise money for the PAWS animal shelter. Photos must be turned into the guidance office by Thursday, 4/5/18. Key Club members will then decide the finalists for each category (color, black & white, and pets). If your photo is accepted into the finals, students will vote for their favorite photo during lunch with money. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Kohl or Ms. Johnstun.
- The GSA is holding a dodgeball tournament on Wednesday, 4/18/18 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM. The cost for a team of ten is $50. The deadline to sign up is Friday, 4/6/18. Please contact Ms. Holterhaus, Ms. Petersen, or Ms. Slifer for more information.
- Southeastern Community College will have a representative here today during lunch. If you are interested in SCC, please stop by their table and speak to their representative.
- Iowa State University will have a representative here next Thursday during lunch. If you are interested in ISU, please stop by their table and speak to their representative.
Happy March (and June) Birthdays:
- Happy birthday to Alex Steffensmeier.
- Happy birthday on Sunday to Maycee Featheringill and Maizzy Huebner.
- Happy birthday on June 23 to Dayne Cordray.
- Happy birthday on June 24 to Michael Cochran and Nadia Leveling.
- Happy birthday on June 25 to Aiden Mesecher and Rayce Steffensmeier.
- Cheese-stuffed breadstick or chicken curry casserole;
- Peaches and/or tropical fruit.
Word of the Day:
- Fracas – noun [frah-cus]
- A noisy disturbance or quarrel. As in: The fracas in the street awakened the neighbors.
This Day in History: 1775 – During a speech in which he was responding to the increasingly oppressive British rule over the American colonies, Patrick Henry declares “I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”
Fact of the Day: After the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Patrick Henry was appointed governor of Virginia by the Continental Congress. Henry would live through the Revolutionary War and die of stomach cancer in 1799.
#StrangeButTrue: The word “Pennsylvania” is misspelled on the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia. It is missing an n.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: