General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- There will be a senior class meeting next Tuesday at 10:45 AM. An announcement will be made at the time of the meeting.
- The high school physical education department is putting on its annual doubles badminton tournament next Wednesday. The tournament will start at 3:30 PM and run until completion. If you are interested in playing, please speak to Mr. Huckabone or Ms. Knustrom. Family members are also welcome to play.
- Attention seniors: Yearbook is offering free senior photos on campus through next Wednesday. Please contact Gracie Gobble to set up an appointment.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the boys track team as they travel to Washington this afternoon for the first outdoor track meet of the year. Races start at 3:30 PM.
- Bloodhound cheerleading tryouts will be next Thursday from 6:00 to 8:00 PM in the FMHS gym. Anyone is eligible to try out. There will be tryout practices on Monday and Tuesday from 6:00 to 8:00 PM in the FMHS gym.
- FMHS Key Club is holding a photography contest to raise money for the PAWS animal shelter. Photos must be turned into the guidance office by Thursday, 4/5/18. Key Club members will then decide the finalists for each category (color, black & white, and pets). If your photo is accepted into the finals, students will vote for their favorite photo during lunch with money. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Kohl or Ms. Johnstun.
- The GSA is holding a dodgeball tournament on Wednesday, 4/18/18 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM. The cost for a team of ten is $50. The deadline to sign up is Friday, 4/6/18. Please contact Ms. Holterhaus, Ms. Petersen, or Ms. Slifer for more information.
- Southeastern Community College will have a representative here tomorrow during lunch. If you are interested in SCC, please stop by their table and speak to their representative.
Happy March (and June) Birthdays:
- Happy birthday to Jaycie Gordon and Weslee Strickland.
- Ravioli w/ breadstick or hot ham & cheese sandwich;
- Green beans and/or baby carrots;
- Orange half and/or pears.
Word of the Day:
- Allure – verb [uh-lure]
- To powerfully attract or charm; tempt. As in: Chocolate allures to many.
This Day in History: 1765 – In an effort to raise funds to pay off debts and defend the vast new American territories won from the French in the Seven Years’ War (1756-1763), the British government passes the Stamp Act on this day in 1765. The legislation levied a direct tax on all materials printed for commercial and legal use in the colonies, from newspapers and pamphlets to playing cards and dice.
Fact of the Day: The Stamp Act was abolished by the British in 1766. The fracas over the act, though, helped plant the seeds for a much larger movement against the British government and the eventual battle for American independence.
#StrangeButTrue: Cna yuo raed tihs? The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid: aoccdrnig to rscheearch cnoudteed at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh?
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: