General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The high school physical education department is putting on its annual doubles badminton tournament on Wednesday, 3/28/18. The tournament will start at 3:30 PM and run until completion. If you are interested in playing, please speak to Mr. Huckabone or Ms. Knustrom. Family members are also welcome to play.
- This is a reminder for all young men who have turned 18 recently, or who will be turning 18: as a young man in the United States, you must register with the Selective Service System. You can register at www.sss.gov. Please stop by the guidance office if you need assistance.
- Attention seniors: Yearbook is offering free senior photos on campus through 3/28/18. Please contact Gracie Gobble to set up an appointment.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the boys girls track teams as they compete at the Galesburg Indoor tomorrow. Boys events start at 9:00 AM. Girls commence at 1:00 PM.
Service Learning Hours Available:
- Lincoln Elementary is is need of help moving chairs in and out of the building on Tuesday, 3/20/18, and Wednesday, 3/21/18. If interested, please contact the Principal, Ms. King, at email@example.com.
- The GSA is holding a dodgeball tournament on Wednesday, 4/18/18 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM. The cost for a team of ten is $50. The deadline to sign up is Friday, 4/6/18. Please contact Ms. Holterhaus, Ms. Petersen, or Ms. Slifer for more information.
Happy March (and June) Birthdays:
- Happy birthday to Nathan Benge, Emily Shepler, and Courtney Smith.
- Happy birthday tomorrow to David Helenthal.
- Happy birthday on Sunday to Raigan Munson and Emma Rose.
- Happy birthday on June 16 to Anthony Barnes and Brooklyn Marsh.
- Happy birthday on June 17 to Dravon Hauck, Cameron Newkirk, Kylee Newkirk, Logan Rashid, and Faith Vessel.
- Happy birthday on June 18 to Cayleigh Smith.
- Sloppy Joe sandwich or pizza;
- Celery and/or corn;
- Pineapple and/or applesauce.
Word of the Day:
- Elegant- adjective [ella-gint]
- (of a solution to a problem) pleasingly ingenious and simple. As in: he was dignified in appearance and elegant in his speech.
This Day in History: 1802 – The United States Military Academy – the first military school in the United States – is founded by Congress for the purpose of educating and training young men in the theory and practice of military science.
Fact of the Day: Located at West Point, New York, the US Military Academy is often simply known as West Point. It has an enrollment of more than 4,000 students.
#StrangeButTrue: One car out of every 230 vehicles manufactured last year was stolen.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: