General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The high school physical education department is putting on its annual doubles badminton tournament on Wednesday, 3/28/18. The tournament will start at 3:30 PM and run until completion. If you are interested in playing, please speak to Mr. Huckabone or Ms. Knustrom. Family members are also welcome to play.
- This is a reminder for all young men who have turned 18 recently, or who will be turning 18. As a young man in the United States, you must register with the Selective Service System. You can register at www.sss.gov. Please stop by the guidance office if you need assistance.
- Attention seniors: Yearbook is offering free senior photos on campus from 3/14/18 to 3/28/18. Please contact Gracie Gobble to set up an appointment.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- No events today.
Service Learning Hours Available:
- Lincoln Elementary is is need of help moving chairs in and out of the building on Tuesday, 3/20/18, and Wednesday, 3/21/18. If interested, please contact the Principal, Ms. King, at email@example.com.
- Yale University will have a representative here tomorrow during lunch. If you would like to learn more about Yale University, please stop by their table and speak to their representative.
Happy March (and June) Birthdays:
- Happy birthday to Amber Dilsaver.
- Happy birthday on June 14 to Julia Honadel and Braxtyn McGhghy.
- Taco or baked ham w/ dinner roll;
- Black bean & corn salsa and/or sweet potatoes;
- Orange half and/or peaches.
Word of the Day:
- Blatant – adjective [blay-tent]
- (of bad behavior) done openly and unashamedly. As in: The student blatantly lied about cheating on the test.
This Day in History: 1879 – Albert Einstein in born in Ulm, Germany.
Fact of the Day: In 1952, the Israeli government offered to appoint Albert Einstein as the nation’s second president. Einstein declined, stating “all my life I have dealt with objective matters, hence I lack both the natural aptitude and the experience to deal properly with people and to exercise official function.”
#StrangeButTrue: “Albert Einstein” is an anagram of “ten elite brains.”
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: