General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The Keokuk Community Fine Art Council’s High School Art Show runs through March 25th at the Keokuk Public Library at 210 North 5th Street. FMHS is being represented by Caleb Ford, Maizzy Huebner, LilliAnna Scott, Taylor Barnes, Alyssa Fincher, Lewis Poetting, Lily Scott, Lauren King, Alonna Wilmot, and Emily Eid. Go and support your FMHS art students.
- Attention seniors: Karl from Jostens will be here on Tuesday during lunch with graduation orders. A table will be set up outside of the main office.
- Attention seniors: please submit your senior quotes to Addison Klett. Senior photos were due by 3/1/18. If you have not submitted those, please do so ASAP to Gracie Gobble.
- Due to inclement weather and the need to make up two school days, tomorrow will be a full day of school for all students in all buildings within the Fort Madison Community School District. School will be in session tomorrow.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the girls track team at the Washington Indoor Meet at Cornell College this afternoon. Races start at 4:00 PM.
- Attention all returning FMHS football players and those interested in joining the football program next year: The 2018 football season will kick off with a mandatory all-program meeting today. The meeting will be held in the little theater immediately following school. If you have questions, please see Coach Shiffman.
- There will be a boys golf meeting after school on Monday in room 314.
- Student government will be hosting the Blind Volleyball tournament on Tuesday at 6:00 PM in The Hound Dome. It is $30 to enter a team of six to eight players. The public is welcome to attend the event. There will be a prize, but it has yet to be determined. All registrations are due by Friday in the activities office.
Service Learning Hours Available:
- Lincoln Elementary is is need of help moving chairs in and out of the building on Tuesday, 3/20/18, and Wednesday, 3/21/18. If interested, please contact the Principal, Ms. King, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy March (and June) Birthdays:
- Happy birthday to Taylor-Ann McGee
- Happy birthday on June 8 to Samuel Hayes, Darsheana Nikodijevic, and Alex Thele.
- Meat loaf or pulled pork sandwich;
- Green beans and/or grape tomatoes;
- Pineapple and/or applesauce;
Word of the Day:
- Atrocious – adjective [uh-troh-shus]
- Of a very poor quality; extremely bad or unpleasant; horrifyingly wicked. As in: most attempts at an English accent are atrocious.
This Day in History: 1669 – Mount Etna, on the island of Sicily in modern-day Italy, begins erupting. The eruption will ultimately claim 20,000 lives.
Fact of the Day: Of the 60 active volcanoes on the continent of Europe, Mount Etna is the most active. It has been erupting periodically since at least 425 BC.
#StrangeButTrue: In Greek mythology, Mount Etna is said to be the burial place of a giant killed by the Greek god, Zeus.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: