General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Attention seniors: Karl from Jostens will be here on Tuesday during lunch with graduation orders. A table will be set up outside of the main office.
- Attention seniors: please submit your senior quotes to Addison Klett.
- Due to inclement weather and the need to make up two school days, Friday will be a full day of school for all students in all buildings within the Fort Madison Community School District. School will be in session on Friday.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- There will be a boys tennis meeting today in room 110 at 2:00 PM. All physicals will need to be turned in at the meeting.
- Attention all returning FMHS football players and those interested in joining the football program next year: The 2018 football season will kick off with a mandatory all-program meeting tomorrow. The meeting will be held in the little theater immediately following school. If you have questions, please see Coach Shiffman.
- There will be a boys golf meeting after school on Monday in room 314.
- Student government will be hosting the Blind Volleyball tournament on Tuesday at 6:00 PM in The Hound Dome. It is $30 to enter a team of six to eight players. The public is welcome to attend the event. There will be a prize, but it has yet to be determined. All registrations are due by Friday in the activities office.
Service Learning Hours Available:
- Lincoln Elementary is is need of help moving chairs in and out of the building on Tuesday, 3/20/18, and Wednesday, 3/21/18. If interested, please contact the Principal, Ms. King, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy March (and June) Birthdays:
- Happy birthday to Vivian Gruener and Alexis Rehm.
- Happy birthday on June 7 to Terridan Christner and Kelsey Penrod.
- Chicken & noodles or rib patty sandwich;
- Broccoli and/or California blend vegetables;
- Cherries and/or tropical fruit mix.
Word of the Day:
- Placebo – noun [pluh-see-bow]
- A harmless pill, medicine, or procedure prescribed more for the psychological benefit to the patient than for any physiological effect. As in: the nurse gave her the aspirin more for the placebo effect than anything else.
This Day in History: 1876 – 29-year-old Alexander Graham Bell receives a patent for his revolutionary new invention – the telephone.
Fact of the Day: Three days after Alexander Graham Bell received his patent, the telephone carried its first intelligible message – the famous “Mr. Watson, come here, I need you” – from Bell to his assistant, Thomas Watson.
#StrangeButTrue: The “hashtag” key on your keyboard (#) is called an octotroph.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: