General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Attention seniors: Karl from Jostens will be here on Tuesday, 3/13/18 during lunch with graduation orders. A table will be set up outside of the main office.
- Attention seniors: please submit your senior quotes to Addison Klett.
- Due to inclement weather and the need to make up two school days, Friday will be a full day of school for all students in all buildings within the Fort Madison Community School District. School will be in session on Friday.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the boys track team tonight in the UNI-Dome as they partake in the Dickenson Indoor Relays.
- There will be a boys tennis meeting tomorrow in room 110 at 2:00 PM. All physicals will need to be turned in that day.
- Attention all returning FMHS football players and those interested in joining the football program next year: The 2018 football season will kick off with a mandatory all-program meeting on Thursday. The meeting will be held in the little theater immediately following school. If you have questions, please see Coach Shiffman.
- There will be a boys golf meeting after school next Monday (3/12/18) in room 314.
- Student government will be hosting the Blind Volleyball tournament next Tuesday (3/13/18) at 6:00 PM in The Hound Dome. It is $30 to enter a team of six to eight players. The public is welcome to attend the event. There will be a prize, but it has yet to be determined.
Happy March (and June) Birthdays:
- Happy birthday to Gage Lange.
- Happy birthday on June 6 to Jace Fedler.
- Chili w/ crackers or cheese quesadilla;
- Refried beans and/or baby carrots;
- Mandarin oranges and/or raisins.
Word of the Day:
- Gibberish – noun [jib-ur-ish]
- Unintelligible or meaningless speech or writing; nonsense. As in: His parents could tell he didn’t feel well, as he was talking gibberish.
This Day in History: 1475 – Michelangelo Buonarroti, the greatest of the Italian Renaissance artists, is born in the small village of Caprese, Italy.
Fact of the Day: Michelangelo revolutionized European sculpture and painting in the first half of his life. In the latter half of his life, Michelangelo turned to architecture and poetry, both of which he is also renowned for.
#StrangeButTrue: The word “jurassic,” which we so often associate with dinosaurs, comes from the Celtic word for “forest.”
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: