General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Welcome to trimester 3. Make it a good one!
- Attention seniors: Karl from Jostens will be here on Tuesday, 3/13/18 during lunch with graduation orders. A table will be set up outside of the main office.
- Attention seniors: please submit your senior quotes to Addison Klett.
- Due to inclement weather and the need to make up two school days, Friday will be a full day of school for all students in all buildings within the Fort Madison Community School District. School will be in session on Friday.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the girls track team tonight in the UNI-Dome as they partake in the Dickenson Indoor Relays.
- There will be a boys tennis meeting on Wednesday in room 110 at 2:00 PM. All physicals will need to be turned in that day.
- Attention all returning FMHS football players and those interested in joining the football program next year: The 2018 football season will kick off with a mandatory all-program meeting on Thursday. The meeting will be held in the little theater immediately following school. If you have questions, please see Coach Shiffman.
- There will be a mandatory Drama Club meeting after school today in room 304. Scripts will be dispersed.
Happy March (and June) Birthdays:
- Happy birthday to Abby Camp, Josh Caruso, and Gaven Miller.
- Happy birthday on June 5 to Sarah Harris and Fred Long.
- Turkey & cheese or meatball sub sandwich;
- Broccoli cheese soup and/or bell pepper slices;
- Peaches and/or orange half.
Word of the Day:
- Charlatan – noun [sharr-luh-tun]
- A person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill; a fraud. As in: regardless of what the charlatans will tell you, there is no magic cure for weight loss.
This Day in History: 1770- After three days of unrest, an angry mob gathers at the Customs House in Boston to protest the occupation of the city by the British. The protest will lead to the British soldiers firing on the crowd and killing five Patriots. The event, infamously known as “the Boston Massacre,” is regarded by some historians as the first act in the American Revolutionary War.
Fact of the Day: Crispus Attucks was an African-American Patriot, and was part of the angry mob which gathered at the Customs House in Boston on March 5, 1770. He was killed in the brief skirmish which ensued, and is regarded as the first martyr of the American Revolution.
#StrangeButTrue: “Digging a hole to China” is theoretically possible if you start in Argentina. You might potentially be hampered by the planet’s molten core, however.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: