General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The end of trimester 2 is Friday. Tomorrow will be a full day of classes, with final exams in periods 1, 2, and 3. Finals for periods 4 and 5 will be on Friday. Classes will dismiss on that day at the end of the period 5 exam at 10:33 AM. Lunch will be served on Friday until 11:15 AM. The schedule for those days can be found here.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- There will be a boys tennis meeting on Wednesday, 3/7/18 in room 110 at 2:00 PM. All physicals will need to be turned in that day.
- Attention all returning FMHS football players and those interested in joining the football program next year: The 2018 football season will kick off with a mandatory all-program meeting on Thursday, 3/8/18. The meeting will be held in the little theater immediately following school. If you have questions, please see Coach Shiffman.
- No birthdays today.
- Beef shepherd’s pie or ham & cheese wrap;
- Baked beans and/or salad;
- Mandarin oranges and/or strawberries;
Word of the Day:
- Astounding – adjective [uh-stownd-een]
- Surprisingly notable or impressive. As in: the peak of the mountain offered astounding views of the surrounding area.
This Day in History: 1861 – With the region’s population booming because of the Pike’s Peak gold rush, Congress creates the new territory of Colorado.
Fact of the Day: The Colorado Territory was created using pieces of Nebraska, Kansas, Utah, and New Mexico. It became a state in 1876.
Black History Month: Richard Spikes was an African-American inventor who holds a number of patents. On this day in 1932, Spikes successfully developed an automatic gear shift device for automatic transmissions. He would later go on to develop automobile directional signals (turn signals), and a safety braking system for trucks and buses.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: