General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Attention seniors: Yearbook needs your senior photos. Please submit them to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by Thursday, 3/1/18. Please send vertical shots in wallet size. Head shots are preferred, but others will be accepted.
- The Lee County Fair is looking for queen candidates. The 2018 Queen Competition will take place between 7/11/18 and 7/16/18. The queen will be awarded a $500 scholarship. First runner-up and second runner-up will each receive $200 scholarships. If you are interested, please stop by the guidance office for an entry form.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- There will be a pre-season girls tennis meeting tomorrow at 3:30 PM in the MPR. If you can’t make it, please contact Coach Doherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a mandatory Drama Club meeting tomorrow after school in the Little Theater.
- Happy birthday to Ethan Deacon and Miho Shirai.
- Pancakes w/ sausage links or spicy chicken sandwich;
- Tater tots and/or cherry tomatoes;
- Applesauce and/or raisins.
Word of the Day:
- Vain – adjective [vayn]
- Having or showing an excessively high opinion of one’s appearance, abilities, or worth. As in: his parents flattery made him vain.
This Day in History: 1965 – Malcolm X, an African-American nationalist and religious leader, is assassinated by rivals while addressing the Organization of Afro-American Unity.
Fact of the Day: Malcolm X was born Malcolm Little. He took the last name “X” to symbolize his “stolen African identity.
Black History Month: Malcolm X had a profound effect on the “Black Power” movement. His philosophies, along with those of Martin Luther King, Jr., formed the basis of the civil rights movement.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: