General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Attention seniors: Yearbook needs your senior photos. Please submit them to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 3/1/18. Please send vertical shots in wallet size. Head shots are preferred, but others will be accepted.
- Congratulations to Ellie Baxter, whose name was chosen in the LMC Reading Promotion. Please stop by the library and choose your prize.
- The Lee County Fair is looking for queen candidates. The 2018 Queen Competition will take place between 7/11/18 and 7/16/18. The queen will be awarded a $500 scholarship. First runner-up and second runner-up will each receive $200 scholarships. If you are interested, please stop by the guidance office for an entry form.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- There will be a pre-season girls tennis meeting on Thursday at 3:30 PM in the MPR. If you can’t make it, please contact Coach Doherty at email@example.com.
- Happy birthday to Taryn Mahoney.
- Cowboy cavatini or chicken crispitos;
- Baked beans and/or broccoli;
- Mandarin oranges and/or banana.
Word of the Day:
- Adroit – adjective [uh-droyt]
- Clever or skillful in using the hands or mind. As in: the student was an adroit test taker.
This Day in History: 1962 – John Glenn becomes the first American to orbit Earth.
Fact of the Day: John Glenn was a decorated pilot, flying missions in World war II and the Korean War. In addition to being the first man to orbit the Earth, he was also the first man to fly supersonic across the US, flying from Los Angeles to New York in 1957.
Black History Month: Guy Bluford became the first African-American in space on August 30, 1983, aboard the space shuttle Challenger.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: