General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Anyone interested in a court reporting career is invited to attend a Real Time Reporting Careers informational session this Saturday, 2/17/18 at the DMAAC Newton Campus. To register, please contact Ms. Weisinger at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Lee County Fair is looking for queen candidates. The 2018 Queen Competition will take place between 7/11/18 and 7/16/18. The queen will be awarded a $500 scholarship. First runner-up and second runner-up will each receive $200 scholarships. If you are interested, please stop by the guidance office for an entry form.
- If you know of someone who is need of an eye exam and/or eye glasses, please direct that individual to Ms. Arnold in the nurse’s office.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the girls basketball team this evening in their regional qualifying game. The game will take place in Washington and will start at 7:00 PM.
- The Drama Club will be meeting today at 3:30 PM in the Little Theatre.
- Happy birthday to Sierra Howardson.
- Hot dog or chicken stir fry w/ rice;
- Strawberries and/or apple slices.
Word of the Day:
- Zeal – noun [zeel]
- Great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or objective. As in: the state qualifying wrestlers will compete with much zeal in the next three days.
This Day in History: 1961 – The entire 18-member US figure skating team is killed when their plane crashes in Berg-Kampenhout, Belgium. The team was en route to to the 1961 World Figure Skating Championship in Czechoslovakia when their plane crashed.
Fact of the Day: The plane crash that killed the US figure skating team in 1961 devastated the program and ended a run of Olympic gold medals for the US men, who had won every gold in the Olympics since 1948. The US women would win gold in 1968. The US men did not win another gold in figure skating until 1984.
Black History Month: On this date in 1968, Henry Lewis, an African-American musician, becomes the first black man to lead a symphony orchestra in the United States.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: