General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- If you know of someone who is need of an eye exam and/or eye glasses, please direct that individual to Ms. Arnold in the nurse’s office.
- Send a can of “Crush” to your crush all this week for $1. Cans are on sale in the Coffee House before school, and during lunch at he Vice Versa ticket table
- Access Energy Cooperative is sponsoring a youth tour trip to Washington DC from 6/8/18 to 6/15/18. Access Energy will send two students on the trip. This program is open to sophomore and junior students. If you are interested, please stop by the guidance office for an application and more information.
- Key Club will be selling Yuda Bands to help raise money for a scholarship fund for students in poverty. FMHS is sponsoring a young lady named Yasmin Maribel Popol Chape. She’s a ninth-grade student living in the Caribbean. Every band you purchase helps her reach her goal of an education. Additionally, every band is handmade and helps give other people in poverty jobs. For more information, you can visit this video . Tomorrow is the last day to get your band. They will be available at lunch, from Ms. Johnstun in room 205, Ms. Kohl in the guidance office, or from any Key Club member. Bands are $7.00 and will help Yasmin reach her educational goals.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the JV and varsity boys basketball teams against the Chargers this evening at Illini West. Games start at 6:00 PM.
- Tickets for the Vice Versa Valentine Dance will be on sale before school in the Coffee House, and during lunch at the Vice Versa ticket table.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Soroptimist Club is looking for volunteers to help with their princess tea party. They will need volunteers to help with setup on Friday, 4/16/18 from 5:00 to 9:00 PM and with crafts and clean up on Saturday, 4/7/18 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. In addition, they will need volunteers for princesses for Saturday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Please see Ms. Williams in guidance if you are interested in this opportunity.
- Happy birthday to Faith Harvey.
- Chicken nuggets or tuna & noodles;
- Blueberries and/or apricots;
- Club crackers.
Word of the Day:
- Complacent – adjective [cohm-play-cent]
- Being satisfied with one’s own achievements. As in: those who want to be successful student-athletes cannot be complacent regarding their work ethic.
This Day in History: 1920 – In the wake of World War I, Switzerland asks the League of Nations for, and is granted the right to be considered neutral in all armed conflicts.
Fact of the Day: Switzerland has a neutrality policy dating back to 1848, when their current constitution was adopted. That neutrality survived both world wars and continues to this day.
Black History Month: Ben Carson is an African -American neurosurgeon and current United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development under the Trump administration. He is renowned for being the first surgeon to accomplish the feat of separating twins conjoined at the head.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: