General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held at FMHS this evening from 3:30 to 7:00 PM.
- Congratulations to the FMHS art students who took home 16 awards at the “It’s Time To Shine Art Show.” There were 5 high schools that participated and FMHS students took 1st, 2nd and 3rd in five of the eight categories.
- Caleb Ford took the top award for People’s Choice Best Of Show with his pen & ink drawing.
- Award Winners:
- Photography: 1st – Brendon Shannon, 2nd – Lily Cadwallader, 3rd – Gage Hind;
- Pencil: 1st – Catarina Rogers, 2nd – Alonna Wilmot, 3rd – Gracie Gobble;
- Pen & Ink: 1st – Catarina Rogers, 2nd – Sheymouhr Redd-Donald, 3rd – Kylee Scott;
- Watercolor Painting: 1st – Taylor Barnes, 2nd – Madison Williamson, 3rd – Kaylyn Eaves;
- Acrylic Painting: 1st – Kiara Fontanese, 2nd – Madison Williamson, 3rd – Alonna Wilmot
Fort Madison High School’s first ever “Pack in Pink” event will be held at the home football game on Friday. Pack in Pink is an effort to raise money during Breast Cancer Awareness month for the Susan G. Komen foundation, which specializes in breast cancer research. Special “Pack in Pink” T-shirts will be available for purchase for $10 in the MPR today through Thursday, and should be worn to the football game on Friday. For every shirt purchased, $3 will be donated to the Susan G. Komen foundation.
- Lifetouch will be on campus today. Teachers may have their pictures taken at 8:00 AM. Students will be accepted after the Pledge of Allegiance.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities:
- Good luck to the marching band as they participate in the state marching contest this evening.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The FMMS PTO is looking for volunteers for their Fall Festival on Friday, 11/3/17. Please contact Tenneille Speer at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to offer your time.
- CaPri College will have a representative here during lunch on Tuesday, 10/24/17. If you would like to learn more about CaPri, please stop by their table and speak with their representative.
- Hannibal-LaGrange University will have a representative here during lunch on Thursday, 10/26/17. If you would like to learn more about Hannibal-LaGrange, please stop by their table and speak with their representative.
- Happy birthday to Sadie Smithburg.
- Spaghetti or tater tot casserole;
- Green beans and/or Italian salad;
- Peaches and/or pears;
- Garlic breadstick.
Word of the Day:
- Moniker – noun [monn-ih-kurr]
- A name, or nickname: As in:
- Henry Aaron’s moniker in the baseball world was “Hammerin’ Hank.”
- A name, or nickname: As in:
This Day in History: 1977 – New York Yankees outfielder Reggie Jackson hits three home runs in game 6 of the World Series, earning himself the moniker “Mr. October.”
Fact of the Day: Reggie Jackson played major league baseball for 21 years, hitting 563 home runs. His slugging percentage of .755 is the all-time record for slugging in world series games.
History: Humans appeared on Earth 200,000 years ago. Written records only appeared 6,000 years ago, meaning 97% of the existence of humans isn’t recorded.
Quote of the Day:
For Our Parents: