General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Good luck on your final exams!
- Students: It is your responsibility to clean your locker and remove all items before you leave the building tomorrow. Items left in lockers will become the possession of Fort Madison Community School District after the school year has ended.
- Students: Tomorrow, after you have completed testing, you are expected to turn your chromebooks and chromebook cases into the media center before leaving the building for the school year. Lunch will be provided in the MPR. Failure to turn your chromebook or chromebook case in before you leave will result in the chromebook and case being reported as stolen. Please make sure that all necessary components accompany the chromebook when it is turned in. Once you have completed this task, you are free to leave the building.
- Students: the Fort Madison Board of Education recently voted to allow students to be exempted from Physical Education if the student participates in an approved interscholastic sport. The waiver form to be exempted from PE can be found here. Waiver forms must be signed and returned to the main office no later than 3:30 PM on Friday.
- Don’t forget to order your 2016/2017 yearbook. The deadline is Thursday, 6/1/17. If you need a form, please see the bulletin board outside of room 303, or Ms. Brownlee in room 303 if you have questions. Prices start at $45. Add $5 to personalize, and $2 if you’d like icons on the cover.
- There will be a parent meeting for all student’s parents interested in playing football next year on Tuesday, 5/30/16. The meeting will be held in the MPR at 6:30 PM. Student-athletes are not required, but welcome. Please make sure a parent/guardian attends for you.
- Good luck to the girls soccer team as they host Davenport North in regional play this evening at the Baxter Sports Complex . Game starts at 4:30 PM.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Road to Carthage Marathon is looking for several volunteers on Saturday. Volunteers are needed for aid stations, at the finish line, in the food tent, and in traffic support. Any interested individual should call Chris Chauncey at (760) 681-0922.
- The Fort Madison Food Pantry to looking for volunteers for the following events. Please contact Denise Fraise at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you would like to volunteer:
- Community Garden – an ongoing venture with multiple dates and times.
- In the coming months, Main Street will have several volunteering opportunities for students. If you are interested in volunteering for the following events, please contact Cassie Gilbert at email@example.com or by phone at (319) 372-5471.
- Volunteers are needed to help plant flowers in the downtown planters, and to help weed those planters. This can be done after school.
- Main Street Grand Bazaar: Saturday, 6/3/17. 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Several opportunities available including assistance with setup/tear down, registration, or creating interactive chalk art on Avenue G.
- The Depot Farmer’s Market: Mondays from 3:00 to 6:00 PM. Preferably, volunteers should be available multiple times.
- French fries;
- Apple slices and/or peaches.
Word of the Day: Malleable – adjective [mal-ee-uh-bul]
- Having the capacity for adaptive change.
- Students need to be malleable when searching for a career choice.
This Day in History: 1977 – Memorial Day weekend opens with an intergalactic bang as the first of George Lucas’ blockbuster Star Wars movies hits American theaters.
Fact of the Day: On May 25, 1935, at Forbes Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Babe Ruth hits his 714th home run, a record for career home runs that would stand for almost 40 years.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? There is estimated to be over 200 times the amount of gold in the world’s oceans than has been mined on land in our entire history.