General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Seniors: make plans now to attend graduation practice on Thursday, 5/25/17 at 10:00 AM. Graduation will be on Saturday, 5/27/17 at 11:00 AM. Doors will open at 10:00 AM. Seniors are expected no later than 10:30 AM
- Seniors: Ms. Wiseman has senior “most” awards nomination papers in the office. There is also a sign-up sheet to attend the senior luncheon on Ms. Wiseman’s desk. The luncheon will be at McAleer Hall on Thursday, 5/25/17. Senior “most” awards will be presented at that time. The deadline to sign up for the luncheon is Friday. Senior “most” nominations are also due at that time.
- Ms. Puga in the library has asked that all books be returned by Friday. The library staff has enjoyed seeing all of the students in the library this year and look forward to seeing you again in the fall. If you’re not sure if you have books checked out, please email Ms. Puga or stop into the library.
- Don’t forget to order your 2016/2017 yearbook. The deadline is Thursday, 6/1/17. If you need a form, please see the bulletin board outside of room 303, or Ms. Brownlee in room 303 if you have questions. Prices start at $45. Add $5 to personalize, and $2 if you’d like icons on the cover.
- Give a kiss for GSA! Buy a bag of Hershey’s Kisses for you, your friends, or “kiss” a senior goodbye for $1 per bag of Kisses and a personalized note. Kisses will be sold during lunch today. Kisses will also be delivered today.
- This is a reminder for all young men that are turning 18, or who have recently turned 18: As an adult male in the United States, you must register with the Selective Service System. You can register at www.sss.gov. Stop by the guidance office if you need more information.
- Any junior or senior girl interested in running for West Point Sweet Corn Festival Queen can pick up an application from Ms. Lange in the main office.
- Good luck to the boys soccer team as they travel to Danville this evening to take on the Bears. Games start at 5:00 PM.
- Best of luck to the boys tennis team today as they host Mt. Pleasant in sub-state action. Matches start at 4:30 PM.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Fort Madison Food Pantry to looking for volunteers for the following events. Please contact Denise Fraise at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you would like to volunteer:
- Community Garden – an ongoing venture with multiple dates and times.
- In the coming months, Main Street will have several volunteering opportunities for students. If you are interested in volunteering for the following events, please contact Cassie Gilbert at email@example.com or by phone at (319) 372-5471.
- Main Street Grand Bazaar: Saturday, 6/3/17. 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Several opportunities available including assistance with setup/tear down, registration, or creating interactive chalk art on Avenue G.
- The Depot Farmer’s Market: Mondays from 3:00 to 6:00 PM. Preferably, volunteers should be available multiple times.
- Happy birthday to Christian Stuekerjuergen from Saturday.
- Happy birthday to Justin Bowker and Alexis Sullivan from Sunday.
- Happy birthday to Larissa Ferrill and Jerrie Latham.
- Sloppy joe or fish sandwich;
- Green beans and/or coleslaw;
- Applesauce and/or mixed fruit.