General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Seniors: make plans now to attend graduation practice on Thursday, 5/25/17 at 10:00 AM.
- Seniors: Ms. Wiseman has senior “most” awards nomination papers in the office. There is also a sign-up sheet to attend the senior luncheon on Ms. Wiseman’s desk. The luncheon will be at McAleer Hall on Thursday, 5/25/17. Senior “most” awards will be presented at that time. The deadline to sign p for the luncheon is Friday, 5/19/17. Senior “most” nominations are also due at that time.
- Ms. Puga in the library has asked that all books be returned by Friday, 5/19/17. The library staff has enjoyed seeing all of the students in the library this year and look forward to seeing you again in the fall. If you’re not sure if you have books checked out, please email Ms. Puga or stop into the library.
- FMHS is holding a peanut butter drive challenge. The challenge will see which class can raise the most jars by Friday.
- Good luck to the golf team as they travel to Mt. Pleasant today to play in the conference tournament. Tee off time is 9:00 AM.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Fort Madison Food Pantry to looking for volunteers for the following events. Please contact Denise Fraise at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you would like to volunteer:
- Community Garden – an ongoing venture with multiple dates and times.
- In the coming months, Main Street will have several volunteering opportunities for students. If you are interested in volunteering for the following events, please contact Cassie Gilbert at email@example.com or by phone at (319) 372-5471.
- Mayhem on the Mississippi: Saturday, 5/13/17. 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM. Multiple opportunities will be available, including setup/tear down, registration, cheering audience, and timers.
- Main Street Grand Bazaar: Saturday, 6/3/17. 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Several opportunities available including assistance with setup/tear down, registration, or creating interactive chalk art on Avenue G.
- The Deport Farmer’s Market: Mondays from 3:00 to 6:00 PM. Preferably, volunteers should be available multiple times.
- Happy birthday to Romeo Maestro and Chase Rogers.
- Spaghetti or tater tot casserole;
- Green beans and/or baby carrots;
- Applesauce and/or tropical fruit blend;
- Bread stick.
Word of the Day: Pollyanna – adjective [pol-ee-an-uh]
- Unreasonably or illogically optimistic:
- She was pollyanna in that she found the good in everyone.
This Day in History: 1914 – President Woodrow Wilson issues a presidential proclamation that officially establishes the first national Mother’s Day holiday to celebrate America’s mothers.
Fact of the Day: Mother’s Day was officially set by Congress in 1914 to occur on the second Sunday of every May.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? It is estimated than two-thirds of the human population have never seen snow.