General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- FMHS is holding a peanut butter drive challenge. The challenge will see which class can raise the most jars by Friday, 5/12/17. Deliver your jars to the media center.
- There will be a dance team tryout meeting on Friday at 4:00 PM in room 202. If you have questions, please see Mr., Mitchell in the main office.
- Good luck to the golf team as they take part in the Fairfield Invite today. Tee off is 12:00 PM.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Eagles Club is hosting a taco supper at the Eagles Club today from 4:00 to 8:00 PM. They are in need of at least 6 dishwashers. If you are interested, please contact Ms. Kohl in the guidance office.
- The Fort Madison Food Pantry to looking for volunteers for the following events. Please contact Denise Fraise at email@example.com with questions or if you would like to volunteer:
- Community Garden – an ongoing venture with multiple dates and times.
- Iowa State Penitentiary tours – volunteers are needed on Sunday to help load food and to assist in checking visitors in.
- In the coming months, Main Street will have several volunteering opportunities for students. If you are interested in volunteering for the following events, please contact Cassie Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (319) 372-5471.
- Mayhem on the Mississippi: Saturday, 5/13/17. 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM. Multiple opportunities will be available, including setup/tear down, registration, cheering audience, and timers.
- Main Street Grand Bazaar: Saturday, 6/3/17. 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Several opportunities available including assistance with setup/tear down, registration, or creating interactive chalk art on Avenue G.
- The Deport Farmer’s Market: Mondays from 3:00 to 6:00 PM. Preferably, volunteers should be available multiple times.
- Happy birthday to Tyler O’Tool.
- Chicken nuggets or little smokies;
- Mashed potatoes and/or broccoli;
- Mandarin oranges and/or fruit cocktail;
- Bread and butter.
Word of the Day: Besmirch – verb [bih-smerch]
- To cause harm or damage to one’s reputation:
- The juvenile delinquent besmirched the good name of his family.
This Day in History: 1986 – 54-year-old Willie Shoemaker, aboard the horse Ferdinand, becomes the oldest jockey to ever win the Kentucky Derby.
Fact of the Day: Dating back to 1875, not a single Kentucky Derby race has been postponed because of rain or bad weather.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? According to Connecticut state law, a pickle has to bounce in order to qualify as a pickle.