General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Congratulations to Korrinna Kettle, Brittney Sanford and Nakia Ross. They have won the IHSBA Reading Promotion this month! Stop in the library and choose a book!
- FMHS is holding a peanut butter drive challenge. The challenge will see which class can raise the most jars by Friday, 5/12/17. Deliver your jars to the media center.
- There will be a dance team tryout meeting on Friday at 4:00 PM in room 202. If you have questions, please see Mr., Mitchell in the main office.
- There will be a volleyball meeting for girls currently in grades 9-11 today in room 313 at 7:45 AM. You will be discussing summer plans and be given information for next season. If you have questions, please contact Coach Bailey.
- Good luck to the boys tennis team as they travel to Fairfield to take on the Trojans this evening. Matches start at 4:30 PM.
- Best of luck to the girls soccer team as they travel to Mediapolis to take on the Bulldogs tonight. Game starts at 5:00 PM.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Eagles Club is hosting a taco supper at the Eagles Club tomorrow from 4:00 to 8:00 PM. They are in need of at least 6 dishwashers. If you are interested, please contact Ms. Kohl in the guidance office.
- The Fort Madison Food Pantry to looking for volunteers for the following events. Please contact Denise Fraise at email@example.com with questions or if you would like to volunteer:
- Community Garden – an ongoing venture with multiple dates and times.
- Iowa State Penitentiary tours – volunteers are needed on Sunday to help load food and to assist in checking visitors in.
- In the coming months, Main Street will have several volunteering opportunities for students. If you are interested in volunteering for the following events, please contact Cassie Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (319) 372-5471.
- Mayhem on the Mississippi: Saturday, 5/13/17. 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM. Multiple opportunities will be available, including setup/tear down, registration, cheering audience, and timers.
- Main Street Grand Bazaar: Saturday, 6/3/17. 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Several opportunities available including assistance with setup/tear down, registration, or creating interactive chalk art on Avenue G.
- The Deport Farmer’s Market: Mondays from 3:00 to 6:00 PM. Preferably, volunteers should be available multiple times.
- Happy birthday to Eleesha Estrada, Kaeli Hutson, Anissa Reyes, and Maguire Smeltser.
- BBQ rib sandwich;
- Green beans and/or lettuce salad;
- Peaches and/or pineapple.
Word of the Day: Lethargic – adjective [luh-thahr-jik]
- Of, relating to, or characterized by laziness or lack of energy:
- Students tend to get lethargic towards the end of the school year.
This Day in History: 1933 – A local couple living near Scotland’s Loch Ness Lake report seeing “an enormous animal rolling and plunging on the surface,” furthering the legend of the Loch Ness Monster.
Fact of the Day: The legend of the Loch Ness Monster dates back 1500 years when local people carved a strange aquatic creature into standing stones near the Loch Ness Lake.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Your chances of being killed by a vending machine are actually twice as large as your chances of being bitten by a shark.