General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Prom tickets will be available for purchase during lunch through Thursday, 4/27/17. Single tickets are $15. Couples tickets are $25.
- Students in grades 9-11: your schedule requests for next school year are available for pick up in the counseling office. You should pick those up and take them home to your parents.
- The FFA will be hosting a blood drive on Thursday, 4/27/17. There will be FFA members in the MPR during lunch if you would like to sign up to donate blood. You can also sign up at the Online Blood Center using code 5171.
- Any male student interested in playing baseball this summer should plan to meet Coach Steeples in room 317 sometime during the school day to receive important information.
- Good luck to the girls track team as they travel to the Washington Invite this evening. Events begin at 4:30 PM.
- Best of luck to the boys tennis team as they host the Nikes of Burlington Notre Dame this evening. Matches start at 4:30 PM.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- In the coming months, Main Street will have several volunteering opportunities for students. If you are interested in volunteering for the following events, please contact Cassie Gilbert at email@example.com or by phone at (319) 372-5471.
- Mayhem on the Mississippi: Saturday, 5/13/17. 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM. Multiple opportunities will be available, including setup/tear down, registration, cheering audience, and timers.
- Main Street Grand Bazaar: Saturday, 6/3/17. 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Several opportunities available including assistance with setup/tear down, registration, or creating interactive chalk art on Avenue G.
- The Deport Farmer’s Market: Mondays from 3:00 to 6:00 PM. Preferably, volunteers should be available multiple times.
- The 2017 Community Clean Up is scheduled for Saturday, 4/22/17, rain or shine. Registration will occur at 9:00 M at Central Park. Registered workers are encouraged to return to Central Park after the clean up for a free lunch. If you have questions, please contact the Chamber office at (319) 372-5471.
- The public library is looking for a few volunteers to help on Saturday, 4/29/17 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. If you are interested, please contact Melissa Derr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Happy birthday to Abigail Stegall.
Happy Un-Birthday! (Celebrating Summer Birthdays):
- Happy un-birthday to Jordyn Gerdes (August 20).
- Hot dog or meatloaf;
- French fries and/or baked beans;
- Pineapples and/or pears;
Word of the Day: Reciprocate – verb [ree-sip-ruh-kayt]
- To give and take mutually:
- Because he helped me move, I reciprocated the favor when he moved.
This Day in History: 2008 – Danica Patrick becomes the first woman to win an Indy-Car race when she wins the Indy Japan 300 in Montegi, Japan.
Fact of the Day: While Danica Patrick is not the first woman to race in the Indianapolis 500, she was the first woman to lead a lap in the race when she did so in 2005. She finished fourth in the race and earned Rookie of the Year honors in the same year.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? “Bluetooth” technology is named after a 10th century king of Denmark. King Harald Bluetooth united the countries of Denmark and Norway. The man behind the technology is a lover of history, thus the name.