General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Any artwork from terms 1 and 2 that has not been collected by Friday, 4/14/17 will be disposed of or recycled.
- The FMHS Gay-Straight Alliance will be holding an art auction beginning today and continuing through next Monday during lunch. Art pieces created by GSA members or donated to the Alliance will be available for purchase.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Soroptimist Club is looking for volunteers to help with setup, tear down, crafts, etc. for their Princess Tea Party on Saturday, 4/15/17 at the Comfort Inn. Volunteers are needed from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Volunteers are not required to work the entire time. Contact Laurie Wondra at (319) 372-7898 to sign up. Please leave a message if there is no answer.
- Student volunteers are needed for the elementary school carnival on Saturday. Please see Mr. Ehlers in room 314 if you are interested in helping out.
- CaPri College will have a representative her on Thursday, 4/13/17 during lunch. If you would like to learn more about CaPri College, please stop by their table in the MPR.
- Missouri Western State University will have a representative here during B lunch on Thursday. If you would like to learn more about Missouri Western, stop by their table and speak with them.
- Happy birthday to Rikki King and Enrique Trejo.
- Hamburger or bratwurst;
- French fried and/or green beans;
- Pineapple and/or apricots.
Word of the Day: Gimcrack – noun [jim-krak]
- A showy object of little use or value:
- The golden harmonica was a gimcrack won at a carnival.
This Day in History: 1614 – Pocahontas, daughter of the chief of the Powhatan Indians, marries English tobacco planter John Rolfe in Jamestown, Virginia, ensuring peace between the Jamestown settlers and the Indian tribe.
Fact of the Day: Pocahontas’s real name was Matoaka. Pocahontas was a pet name given to her by her father. The translation means “my favorite daughter.”
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? A regulation baseball has 108 stitches.