General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Any artwork from terms 1 and 2 that has not been collected by Friday, 4/14/17 will be disposed of or recycled.
- The Fort Madison YMCA, in conjunction with the City of Fort Madison Parks and Recreation Department, will be offering an American Red Cross Lifeguard class starting on Tuesday, 4/11/17 There will be a pretest today from 4:00 to 5:00 PM at the YMCA. Participants must be 15 years of age as of today. Valid identification, goggles, and a swimsuit are required for classes. The cost to enroll is $125.00. Checks can be made payable to: Fort Madison Parks and Recreation. Please register at the Fort Madison YMCA by the time of the pretest. If you have questions or would like more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The FMHS Gay-Straight Alliance will be holding an art auction beginning today and continuing through next Monday during lunch. Art pieces created by GSA members or donated to the Alliance will be available for purchase.
- Good luck to the girls track team as they travel to Fairfield this afternoon. Events start at 5:00 PM.
- Best of luck to the boys soccer teams as they travel to Burlington Notre Dame this evening to take on the Nikes. Games start at 5:00 PM.
- Good luck to the girls soccer team as they host the Grayhounds of Burlington at the Baxter Sports Complex this afternoon. Games start at 5:30 PM.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Soroptimist Club is looking for volunteers to help with setup, tear down, crafts, etc. for their Princess Tea Party on Saturday, 4/15/17 at the Comfort Inn. Volunteers are needed from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Volunteers are not required to work the entire time. Contact Laurie Wondra at (319) 372-7898 to sign up. Please leave a message if there is no answer.
- Student volunteers are needed for the elementary school carnival on Saturday. Please see Mr. Ehlers in room 314 if you are interested in helping out.
- Missouri Western State University will have a representative here during B lunch on Thursday. If you would like to learn more about Missouri Western, stop by their table and speak with them.
- Happy birthday to Chance Gadau and Scarlett Gruener and Alyse Schmidt from Saturday.
- Happy un-birthday to Nicholas St. Clair from Sunday.
- Happy un-birthday to Chloe Knotts, Izzabella Miller, and Grace Pumphrey from Monday.
- Happy un-birthday to Izzy Hind.
Happy Un-Birthday (Celebrating Summer Birthdays)!
- Happy un-birthday to Brandon Reichelt (August 2)
- Happy un-birthday to LaDarius Burton and Ivy Gerdes (August 3).
- Chicken nuggets and/or tuna noodle casserole;
- Country blend vegetables and/or broccoli;
- Applesauce and/or peaches.
Word of the Day: Extradite – verb [ex-truh-dite]
- To hand over to the jurisdiction of the state in which a crime was committed:
- The murderer was extradited back to the US.
This Day in History: 1968 – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is fatally shot while standing on the balcony outside of his second-story room at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tennessee.
Fact of the Day: Dr. King was assassinated by James Earl Ray, a small-time criminal who had escaped from a Missouri prison in April of 1967. Ray was arrested in London trying to flee to Africa. After being extradited to the US, Ray was sentenced to 99 years in prison.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Warren Spahn, one of the greatest pitchers in major league baseball history, ended his career with 363 wins…and 363 hits to go with them.