General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Applications have been opened for the construction, welding, and 12 Plus programs for next school year. Students should check their emails or pick up an application in the counseling office if you are interested. Applications are due in the counseling office by Monday, 4/3/17 if a student will be considered for one of these programs.
- Best of luck to the boys track team as they travel to the Washington Invite this evening. Events start at 4:15 PM at Case Field.
- Bloodhound cheerleading tryouts are fast approaching! Try-out practices will occur on Monday, 3/27/17, and Tuesday, 3/28/17 from 4:00 to 6:00 PM. Try-outs will be at 5:30 PM on Wednesday, 3/28/17.
- Southeastern Community College (SCC) will have a representative here during B lunch on Thursday. If you would like to learn more about SCC please stop by their table at that time.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The FMHS kitchen is looking for volunteers to help with the service of food from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM daily. If you are interested, please see Ms. Hayler in the main office.
- The West Point Community Club is looking for volunteers to help clean up the roadside on Saturday, 4/1/17. Students interested in gaining volunteer hours or who just want to help can meet William Wuard at the shelter house in West Point Park at 9:00 AM. Gloves and bags will be provided.
- Student volunteers are needed for the elementary school carnival on Saturday, 4/8/17. Please email Ms. Shelly Hoenig at email@example.com if you are interested in helping out.
- Happy birthday to Skylar King.
Happy UN-Birthday! (Celebrating Summer Birthdays)
- Happy un-birthday to Josie Pumphrey (July 21).
- Pork fritter or mini corn dogs;
- Potato salad and/or country blend vegetables;
- Cherry crisp and/or applesauce.
Word of the Day: Notorious – adjective [no-tore-ee-us]
- Widely and unfavorably known. As in:
- Al Capone was a notorious gangster.
This Day in History: 1963 – Alcatraz Prison in San Francisco Bay closes down and transfers its last prisoners after 29 years of housing the most notorious criminals in the United States.
Fact of the Day: Over the years, 36 prisoners tried to escape from Alcatraz in 14 overall attempts. Of the 36 men, 23 were caught, 6 were shot and killed during their attempt, and two more drowned. Five more men disappeared, were never seen again, and presumed to have also drowned.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first class.