General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Applications have been opened for the construction, welding, and 12 Plus programs for next school year. Students should check their emails or pick up an application in the counseling office if you are interested. Applications are due in the counseling office by Monday, 4/3/17 if a student will be considered for one of these programs.
- Student government will be hosting the 2nd annual blind volleyball tournament on Tuesday, 3/14/17 at 6:00 PM. The cost to participate is $30.00 per team. Students in grades 7-12 and adults are welcome to play. Get your team together and come out for some fun. A prize will be awarded to the 1st place team. Sign-up sheets are available in the guidance office through Ms. Harter or in the main office through Ms. Jones.
- Karl Stern from Jostens will be here on Tuesday, 3/14/17 during lunch to pass out graduation materials to senior students.
- Students and teachers: please find time in your busy schedules to complete this survey sometime before 3/31/17. The input will help our IT department determine the effectiveness of technology in our school. Thanks!
- Girls soccer season starts on Monday, 3/20/17. The pre-season meeting will be held in the media center at 6:00 PM on Sunday, 3/12/17. The meeting is mandatory for anyone wishing to play girls soccer. Managers and those interested in finding out more about the program should also attend. See Coach Seifert or Coach Burken in room 316 with questions.
- There will be a short meeting in room 314 (Mr. Ehlers’s room) on Monday, 3/13/17 for those interested in joining the golf team this year. Practice will also start on that day.
- There will be a tennis meeting in room 202 at 2:00 PM tomorrow for anyone wishing to participate in boys tennis. Coach Hogan asks that you have physicals completed before the meeting.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Student volunteers are needed for the elementary school carnival on Saturday, 4/8/17. Please email Ms. Shelly Hoenig at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping out.
- Happy birthday to Vivian Gruener.
- Hot dog or chicken drummies;
- Baked beans and/or celery sticks;
- Tropical fruit and/or blueberries.
Word of the Day: Fusillade – noun [fyoo-suh-laid]
- A general discharge or outpouring of anything. As in:
- The students asked a fusillade of questions before the exam.
This Day in History: 1876 – 29-year-old Alexander Graham Bell patents the telephone.
Fact of the Day: The Bell Company, which was established by Alexander Graham Bell after the invention of the telephone, withstood repeated legal challenges and eventually emerged as the massive American Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) to form the foundation of the modern telecommunications industry.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Before the invention of dentures, teeth were extracted from the mouths of dead soldiers for use as prosthetics.